• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

URGENT - Is this pump brand new?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK, this is the best that my phone can do:

DSC_0290.jpg DSC_0294.jpg

It is the principle of it all. I´ve spent about a grand with these guys and if they have sold me a used pump I'm gonna tear them a new one. I´ve seen sketchy stuff about theese guys. Two weeks and a half late and a sketchy situation with a pump wrapped in cardboard? Come on.

Rant warning:

Plus I´ve already had confrontations with them about the specs on a fan in their store. They sent me a lower RPM version of the same fan and they did nothing. Had to make a new user account so that I was not "the guy about the fans". Too bad we don´t have a lot of good PC stores in Spain that do WC. Oh, and I had to reorder the pump top separately from another store and go through the wait again because they can´t mark the availability on their store right, specially for an EOL product like that. And I figure out they did not have it in stock two weeks and half later when there is no pump top in my parcel (which was paid for). I can let that slide, but the fan issue pissed me off and if this pump is not new....

Anyhow, thanks guys!

What do you mean? It also had like a little water "stain" on the shiny metal part. THX

The pump rotor assembly in the middle should come its only held in by magnetism. And you can see if the bearing in the middle there is worn at all or new.
49119_5.jpg
koolancepmp-450s7.jpg

Oh, true... maybe because its used? XD. I don´t know. I´m ready to forget about this issue. What really threw me off is the lack of original packaging.

Not to get the OP confused JD, this is his D5 pump disassembled.

You could grab the bearing off as its magnetic as its been stated already and check the bearing.

koolancepmp-450s7.jpg

Jdeed: As if there was water on it and instead of wiping it, it was left to dry off. I´m getting so paranoid. CSI status :screwy:

DSC_0296.jpg

The pump rotor assembly in the middle should come its only held in by magnetism. And you can see if the bearing in the middle there is worn at all or new.

Oh! I broke it! No, just kidding. I´m like a caveman seeing fire XD

I think it all looks good in there. Thanks a lot guys!

caseClosed.png

Back