• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED USB 3.0 evice question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

hi all,

I have this strange issue USB3.0 . But first let me tell you about my system. About 6 months ago I built a 3930K with Asus P9X79 PRO LGA2011. Eveything is running great, overclocked. This mbo came with 4 USB3.0 Ports. I purchased Lexar USB3.0 Professional sdxc/CF card reader UDMA 7. I plug it in the USB3.0 Port and I got nothing, no power light ON of the UBS3.0 device. I enter the bios, to make sure all USB3.0 is enabled, while I boot into the bios, the USB3.0 device power light is ON (power light ON) But when I boot onto Windows, the power light if off. This is means, the UBS3.0 is bad?

Then, I tried to plug it in the USB2.0 port and the USB2.0 is working fine. I got a bad card reader or it my system problem. I don't any other system is that is usb3.0 ready, so that I can try it. tell me what you think.

oops, I meant device on the title thread. Not evice... errr

please disregard above post. The device power light won't light up until a card is inserted. duh... Edit, all the problems solved by update new USB3.0 driver from Ausus website download.

Last edited:
Back