• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB and displays are turned off after periods of inactivity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

I run a bitcoin miner and/or BONIC almost continuously, and when I leave to go to work or on a weekend trip, I'll just leave my computer running and the display off. However, when I come back, it's usually completely unresponsive. When I turn on the display, it's not getting any signal, and my USB mouse and keyboard don't do anything and aren't receiving power (indicated by the fact that the LCD display on the keyboard is not illuminated). The computer is definitely not frozen, as btcguild reports my miner still humming along, and if I hit the power button, the display wakes back up as the computer starts to shut down (but the USB devices still don't work). I've tried moving things to a different USB port or turning on an external HDD to try to wake stuff up, but nothing works. I pretty much just have to hard reboot the computer every time. Very frustrating.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I've disabled all sleep related functions in the power plan settings and made sure all the "All the computer to turn off this device to save power" checkboxes are not checked in Device Manager.

Normal things , change power settings , disable hibernation , if you are using HDMI maybe try DVI ?
Im just tossing out ideas here .

Back