• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

usb charging, stuff and things.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
last night I decided to fire off the game rig and enjoy myself for a bit because for about the next two weeks I'm bung over tea kettle busy due to a sudden customer demand.
My little bees music box charges via usb to mini usb cable and I forgot to plug it back in after playing and this caused me to have a most negative life experience.
I would like to avoid causing myself this in the future.
so, begs the question, do all the mini usb chargers have the same output voltage as the usb ports on my game rig?

No. You need to find out what charging standard your specific device needs.

There's Power Deliver (PD), BC 1.2, Qualcomm 2.0/3.0, Fast Charge, etc. You'll want them to be able to support at least 2.4 amps on a single port.

IIRC that mini USB cable is super finicky and prone to wear, also.

USB voltage is a universal standard but the amperage can vary significantly from charging device to charging device and so will the amperage needs of the devices being charged. Sometimes amperage differences only affect charging time. At other times, the device being charged must have a minimal amperage output from the charging device. More than minimum is not a problem. Also, if the device being charged tries to draw more amps than the charger it can overheat and damage the charger.

Back