• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB3 Connecter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uwhtp

Registered
I have a Sabretooth 990FX, with a AZZA Hurrican 2000 CSAZ-2000 on the case i have (2) USB2 and (1) USB3. I hooked everything up and now the USB3 Port dosent work it has a Legacy connecter on it and i cant seem to figure out where it goes any help is welcome!

IMAG0040.jpg
IMAG0041.jpg

I don't know, I've never seen a USB3.0 cable like that. USB 3.0 is backwards compatable to 2.0 and 1.0-1.1. I would guess that the pigtail is for an extra USB 2.0 port.
Also make sure you have the cable pluged in right way, I had a bit of trouble with my Gigabyte 990FXA board, very easy to plug in backwards.

EDIT: on closer examation, it does look like that cable is in backwards.

MB's I own and in use:
ABit AV8
Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
Asus Sabertooth 990FX

Last edited:
So what your saying is Flip the Blue Cord around. i will try it and report back

EDIT: on closer examation, it does look like that cable is in backwards.

+1
There should be a key tab on the plug and socket, from the pic it looks like it may be backwards (by the way the socket is bulging on the side).

The other (1st pic) is just a standard/legacy USB connector that plugs into a normal socket, check your mobo manual to find the loction on your board...

Last edited:
Dave, there is only 2 internal USB headers on his MB, I have same MB and he has a cable in both so that pigtail will have to hang lose. :)

DO NOT have both connectors plugged in at the same time, the pigtail is there so if you don't have a usb 3 connection on your MB then you can plug the pigtail into a usb 2 connection and the blue usb connections in the front won't go to waste.
Make sure you have the USB3 drivers installed and that USB3 is enabled in the bios.

Ahhh ok, Thanks for that info, I've never seen a USB3.0 connector like that so was not sure how the pigtail was used.

DO NOT have both connectors plugged in at the same time, the pigtail is there so if you don't have a usb 3 connection on your MB then you can plug the pigtail into a usb 2 connection and the blue usb connections in the front won't go to waste.
Make sure you have the USB3 drivers installed and that USB3 is enabled in the bios.

Back