• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Use all PCI SLOT!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You mean this??

I have had the same problem...search under "mrcairo" and you can read all that I've done and been told to do. My fix for gaming freezes was to disable the onboard sound in the bios and add a sound card. I'm also currently running the "fail-safe" bios setting.(be sure to go and re-select your floppy dive if you use it) But that was my boards problem. Also here is a list of the the ways the IRQ's share...you might just have some conflicts.
Unlike a lot of boards the AK31 AGP slot shares with slot 4 and not 1....here it goes.

AGP - Slot 4
Slot 1 - Slot 5
Slot 2 - Slot 6
Slot 3 - USP

Never put sound card in slot 4! Also slot 3 seems to be very picky stay clear of it if you can.

LAN cards and AGP normally share ok, so slot 4 should be safe for that if needed. But try not to share if you can get away with it!

This was all information that was passed to me while I was seaching for my fix. AMDMB forums Rock, but sometimes you can find additional info at Anandtech as well.

Power supply and memory are the first items to look at. Then check the video card. Does it play in another system and not freeze?

Also, go with the most conservative memory and bios settings you can at first. Get it stable then step by step boost the performance level.

Uncheck DMA, run your AGP @ 2X instead of 4, reduce the agp aperture to 4mb and not 64.

Those are just my ideas from my experence.

Hope something helps!

Good luck! (please post how it goes!)

Hey DOC!

I have a Gigabyte MOBO Slot A with an AMD k6 SLOT 700mhz CPU I went out and took out the SLot a cpu to clean the heatsink on it and after i was done cleaning it i pop it back in and all of it didnt boot... i heard the Hard Drive make noises but i figured that the HD will make a noise wether the bios loads up or not its an old Hard drive so it makes noises my cd rom works... but i cant boot. I tried remounting the SLot a CPU 2-3 times it didnt fix the problem... I used an ear cleaner and water to clean te dust and i am sure that there was no contact between the cpu and the water.

I even switched the video card see if it worked i even switched monitors. it was working fine until i took it out to clean it and put it back

I reset the CMO turned it back on I saw the caps lock and scroll lock turn on in a 1 sec interval and thats it no change at all... so if these 2 keyboard lights turn on means that it is booting up to the bios ? So it means that its an AGP card problem?

It sounds like it could be. Try pulling it out, and reseating it a couple of times. (Unplug your PS 1st)

If that doesn't do it, try a borrowed card.

If not, remove all cards, and drive cables from the mobo, and reset the CMOS. Insert only your video card and see what happens.

Lemme know,

Doctor

Back