• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using an Ati HD 7870 sapphire in a generic case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your Sentey PSU is built by Super Flower. In general they have a good reputation and make PSUs for relabeling. But as other posts reflect, your card should fit based upon your work to measure the case you have. Over time you may think about a case upgrade just the same as you will find that case manufacturers are designing some very cooling-friendly cases, a must for the longevity of any system. :cool:

Well good luck with the upgrade, then! :)

Well thank you! If everything goes as planned I'll get the 7870 and the PSU in a couple of days, If the thread is still here when I finish installed and tested everything, then I'll report it by posting in here and telling how good It is.

Your Sentey PSU is built by Super Flower. In general they have a good reputation and make PSUs for relabeling. But as other posts reflect, your card should fit based upon your work to measure the case you have. Over time you may think about a case upgrade just the same as you will find that case manufacturers are designing some very cooling-friendly cases, a must for the longevity of any system. :cool:

Yeah, the budget still doesn't reach the price but in the mean time I can look forward to change the case, just in case, anyway, thank you for all your advises! :D

Wed 27: Today I got the 7870 and the box is HUGE, I still have to get the PSU to start testing.

EDIT: Fri 1: Today I got the Sentey PSU, and its quite different from my other PSU's bigger, and more cables, I installed everything and made sure that all the connections didn't have any conflict.
Up so far, everything works wonderfully, I had a new fan cooler on the back of the case for more airflow, and the temperatures were 30-36º on idle and 45-55º while gaming
I tested games like FarCry 3 maxed out and the difference is incredibly high compared to before, but it's not perfect.

Farcry3: 22 min 33 max 29 avg
Skyrim: 25 min 62 max 46 avg

Could my processor be bottle necking the card?

Last edited:
Back