• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using Media Center and MCE to surf net on Xbox 360

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mistform

I have been trying to use guides to surf the web on my Xbox 360 by using Windows Media Center and an add-on for it called MCE (Media Center Extender). Supposedly once I install MCE and connect the Xbox 360 to it I should be able to find an Internet button somewhere in the Media Center menu but I cannot find it. Someone suggested looking for a "Programs" in the Media Center Menu but I cannot find anything like it. I can't even find it in the "Options" for WMC via my PC.
I'm running 64-bit Win 7 Home with (as far as I know) the most recent updates for Media Center.

Any help is appreciated.
My gamertag is Schiztastic on XBL if you care to message me there.

EDIT: So far all I have found is guides for Vista. I also read on some forums somewhere about this not working for 64 bit Vista for some reason. I am not sure if the same is true for my 64 bit Win7
EDIT2: I looked at the Extenders on Media Center on my PC and it lists the 360 as "set up but not available". I can't figure out how to get it available. I've tried searching the net for the past 2 hours.

Last edited:
The Plugin which is used to open the internet explorer on the Xbox is not compatible with 64 editions of Windows. I have tried this in the past and eventually gave up on the idea because I didn't want to downgrade to a 32bit version of Windows.

Thank you for your answer. I still don't understand why it's incompatible. I run a ton of 32 bit programs. It's not like I need it to utilize the entire core of my processor. I just want to browse the internet on my Xbox 360.

Back