• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using thermaltake liquid concentrate with distilled water: feedback please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrjayviper

Registered
As above. This is really available compared to other brands.

The product page does say to only use with the thermaltake "water" but this could be the company trying to steer customers to use their other products.

Thanks

I'm thinking Thermaltake's water solution may have certain ingredients that are formulated to mix properly with their colored fluids. You can try using distilled water and find out what happens. I, personally, don't use any colored fluids. I had a bad experience using Mayhems and swore I would never use any colored dyes/fluids. For color I use colored tubing and plain distilled water. In over a decade I haven't had any issues since then.

Up to you if you're brave and wanna try the distilled water with thermaltake's fluid. Let us know how it turns out.

I'm thinking Thermaltake's water solution may have certain ingredients that are formulated to mix properly with their colored fluids. You can try using distilled water and find out what happens. I, personally, don't use any colored fluids. I had a bad experience using Mayhems and swore I would never use any colored dyes/fluids. For...

Do you use any additive? If yes, which one?

Back