• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VapoChill LS Evap. kicks on, but fans don't - HHHEEEELLLPPP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NuBie

Registered
To All,

I was in the Vapochill Control pannel last night, I swear I was just lowering the heaters a little bit to see if it made any difference temp diff. at all, when all of the sudden, the LCD on the vapochill went black, (the fans on the unit likely stopped), my cpu temps started to rise uncontrollably, and the compressor started getting very hot. Needless to say, I freakin jumped up out of my seat and pulled the plug.

I've tried resetting factory settings, pulled the molex from the CC board, but after that it still wouldn't go back on; I left it off over night to let the compressor cool down - it was seriously hot for a while, (but it was still plugged in - power going to cc during the night)

When I plugged it all back together (CPU <-> HERMEPHERDITE CONNECTOR <-> WALL/AC), the CC board lights up, and when pressing the power button, the Vapochill LCD lights up, but when I press and hold the power button to activate the compressor and turn the unit on, the screen goes black, the comressor jumps as though it looks like its going on normally, but the fans don't come on with it - So I pull the plug at this point.

This is the fourth time I've tried, and I'm very worried about damaging my unit, so I'm scared now!!! Some one please help me. I have one spare CC board that the original owner told me may have been bad, and he marked this "good" one that I'm using in the unit now - should I try to use that one instead to see if it will work, or is it likely some other problem? :(

Hell Yeah!

Its up and working again. Does the compressor normally feel quite warm to the touch once running for a few minutes; I have the side off - THE FANS ARE RUNNING! Horay!

I Had to switch to the other older chill control unit, (haven't verified if the newer one is really dead yet, will try later BUT) I switched in the other unit the previous owner said was "bad" and it works, but I can't get the USB portion to function, but other than that its hitting its old temps, and both fans are running. SO on the short, this fixes it, but I can't get into the Software anymore, and maybe that's a good thing!!! To all those that didn't answer - Thank you!

The simptoms did point to an electronics controll problem, sounds like the previous owner might have gotten mixed up as to wich controller was bugged.

Back