• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VapoChill XE resus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi again folks
Just popped in to check thread and it is still live so thought i would update.

After my system started resetting itself (ie hard powering down) on closer inspection there was signs of condensation so much time was spent researching how to insulate mobo. This is about the time I last posted here and the main source of how to i used was Deanzo's sticky here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611543.

Conformal coating spray, dielectric grease, artists mouldable eraser, 10mm thick neoprene sheet and ceramique were purchased.

On stripping down my system
I noticed obvious damage to the hdd that was installed.
2011-07-24 09.26.32.jpg

2011-07-24 09.25.47.jpg

Also the vapochill socket kit (P4) has been adapted to fit my mobo which is an am2 socket so the cpu retention module has been adapted so the vapochill socket kit can be fixed/attached to assembly. very bespoke.

Once vapochill out of way the cpu heatshield(sorry for bad terminology) had definite signs of damage
2011-07-24 09.43.14.jpg

Stripped mobo out of case and spent days and days masking, taping and plugging( V reg and any jumper, pin or connector on mobo) in preparation for applying conformal coating to both sides of mobo.

I had an old sempron cpu and ide hdd lying aound so used these for reassembling.

Spent a lot of time aligning/connecting head to cpu socket ensuring good cpu/evaporator head contact.
When installing psu had difficulty as the psu affected seating of socket kit due to contact so for bench testing simply left psu out of tower.

In recent weeks i have been using my vapochill system learning a new os and am now considering treating my system to some new hardware as everything seems sweet.

Still no overclocking yet.

I think a psu with an isolator switch or an extension cable with switchable outlets would do the same as the inline power switch that somebody had half heartedly tried to put in.

Here is some pics of my working system
2011-07-24 10.22.29.jpg 2011-07-24 10.23.41.jpg

Back