• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vapochill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if you can, hold off till OCZ's unit comes out.

even if it does not compete (performance wise) it should "shake up" the pricing of the major units.

there is no way they can keep charging $900 for a top-o-the-line unit when there is a $350 unit that even comes close to the same performance.

i seem to recall something about a March release date but i could be WAAAAY off :shrug:

Joe Camel said:
if you can, hold off till OCZ's unit comes out.

even if it does not compete (performance wise) it should "shake up" the pricing of the major units.

there is no way they can keep charging $900 for a top-o-the-line unit when there is a $350 unit that even comes close to the same performance.

i seem to recall something about a March release date but i could be WAAAAY off :shrug:

That OCZ unit is looking like it will only be as effective as a decent TEC set-up and wont be able to compete against a real phasechange set-up.

Instead of the Vapochill Caubecari you should look into buying a custom unit from PC-ICE or even Chilly1. They should cost about $300 less than the Vapo and beat it in performance.

you can also check ebay as i see vapochills sell there for around 600-800 new and used.

the pc ice/chilly1 is a great suggestion to though. to my knowledge the only way to talk to them about pricing is by private message on xtremesystems.org

ill look and see if i can find a link over there though.

Back