• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Very Odd problem.... With powering on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TuKr

Alright so i just got my water loop mostly done. Im waiting on my GPU blocks from EK. everything fits and runs fine... if the plastic top of my case is off. If i put the top on, everything starts to power on, the lights on the fans get bright, fan contoller shows that they are seen, and then they dim, fan contoller doesnt see them(led turns off) and the system gets quieter, then starts cycling that symptom but wont post. if i take the top of my case off it boots fine into windows, everything is good. if i put the top back on, I can hear and see(because of the fan's leds) the fans slow down again. the two fans sit just below the grille of the top cover. Im so confused by this. unless the fan controller has a safety check im at a loss. The fan contoller does not communicate with the MOBO. Any ideas?

Last edited:
The wires are all clear of any pinch points and fans clear the top all of the way around. i think im gonna blame the fan controller. If i set the sliders all the way down, it loses("Fan connected" led goes off) response from a fan, and comes right back.

It was the Fan Controller not working correctly. Plugged them into the MOBO and so far the problem has disappeared.

Back