• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

very odd question, but its worth a shot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

99GrandAmSE

So i had an I5150 from Dell for 4 years before the mobo went and I had to get a new one....

Anyway, I took the old one apart cuz I wanted some of the parts. Now my question is, is there anyway to turn the laptop lcd into and ext. monitor of some sort.

I know theres gonna be a lot of splicing involved since laptop lcd have just one cord coming out of them, but I'm wondering if it is possible at all.

Thanks

This has been covered alot of times (Not your fault for asking though, it's still a good question :D )

It's not practical, in fact, it's more expensive than buying a generic LCD, controller, and PSU and assembling a monitor yourself. So, while possible, it's very difficult to find the parts for, and far more expensive than going out and buying a nice 22" or something.

Actually there are a very few times when its economically feasible t odo it (got the lcd for free say) but thats really rare and only on a couple of LCD screens. I do not recall the brands or where to find them. Google "turn laptop LCD into monitor" and I am sure after a day of digging you kind find out which brands.

I had a 96' Pontiac until January of this year. Man I loved that car (in reference to your user name) :santa:

Back