• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vishera Memory Voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xRau

Hello Guys!!! Newbie here, but glad to be part of this community.

I've been searching the web for quite a long time now about DRAM memory voltages for Vishera CPU's.

I have a FX-4300 @ 4.5ghz, 1.4v well-cooled (Hyper 212 Evo)
Motherboard: GA-970A-D3 (rev 1.3) (VRM Heatsink installed)(F11 BIOS)
Cooler Master i700w PSU (Enhance PSU)
HD 6850 OC @ 950/1100 with Artic Accelero Twin Cooler (Max Temp Under load 55c after 30 minutes of Using Furmark)
Case: HAF 912 (Black Steel Edition) (120m x3 Fan Intake, 2 120m Fan Exhaust)
160GB SSD Kingston (Only for the OS)
1tb Sata 3 Hitachi Deskstar (All my Games are here)

Anyway the question is, does Vishera support 1.65v ram? I have 2 Sticks of 4gb each Kingston Hyper X Blu that i was using in my old build, and ATM they are running at 1333 Mhz and i got the timmings stable at 8-8-8-20-30 (System is perfectly stable after 18hours of Prime 95 Blend) (8 hours of Memtest86+ says they are stable). I don't wanna buy New memory since this one is working perfectly and never gave problems but, i want to make them Run at 1600 cl9, and for that, they need 1.65v. So again... Does Vishera CPU's support 1.65v ram or running that high can kill the IMC or CPU?

Thanks in advance!!!

Note: The Board memory voltage can be adjusted from 1.1v to 2.xv

Both Intel and AMD can run without issues at higher voltages than 1.65V. Memory and IMC have separate voltages so raising memory voltage won't cause IMC issues.

Thank You very much guys!!! That Gives me peace of mind!!!

I will try and overclock them a little (let's say 1866?) to see what happens but, being 1600 at 1.65v already, i think i don't have much room to improve... but who knows, it might work =].

So far I'm running them already at 1600 @ 1.65v, and being running memtest86+ for 4 hours without errors!

Back