• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista 64 bit questions???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
acompdude said:
I dont think that it is a driver issue but thanks for the info. My mobo has the signed drivers anyway so I dont think that is a problem.

Not the point that if the driver has the drivers. It can affect many different little programs from working properly. Its a smart choice for us OCers for tools that we use.

If the 4Gig doesnt show in the bios its all the mobo/bios issue. I had that with mine until a later bios rev took care of it.

deathman20 said:
Not the point that if the driver has the drivers. It can affect many different little programs from working properly. Its a smart choice for us OCers for tools that we use.

If the 4Gig doesnt show in the bios its all the mobo/bios issue. I had that with mine until a later bios rev took care of it.
Is there anything that I could possibly hurt by disabling the signed drvers? All 4 gigs show up in the BIOS so I know that it is all there.. I never really thought of it the way that you said it so I will try that when I get home today. Who knows that might fix it(Hopefully).

Well only thing that it hurts according to MS, is that it can be "less secure". I've been running 64-bit with the "fix" since before release.

The signed driver thing is just one of those pain things with Vista. Its up there with UAC but at least thats an easy to find pain to turn off.

Well I am just as happy as can be. I just updated the BIOS to the newest one out and everything is running great. So now I can use all 4 gigs in Vista 64 bit without a hitch. I guess it was just a BIOS problem after all. My RAID0 is also still working great.

nikhsub1 said:
Warning - this will permanently disable the need to use signed drivers, IDK of a way to turn it back on, but I loathe this enforcement.

Start > Run > Type 'CMD'

Type the below (or copy/paste) in the dos prompt. Reboot. Done.

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

This works for most programs, but not for ATITool for some reason (at least, not all of the time). Also, if you ever enter the 'F8' boot options menu after running this command, then the checks are put back in place.

To run this command, don't forget that you have to right-click the "Command Prompt" shortcut and select "Run as Administrator". Running this command with non-admin priveleges has no effect.

Back