• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista home Premium 64 bit wont install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gisler

Registered
Hello,

I had windows vista 64 bit installed in my computer. Then i moved all of my computer parts from a midi tower to a full tower. Now for some reason i can't seem to load windows. when it starts up i get to the loading screen then the screen goes black. i then get a bsod saying "system service exception".

So what i did was replaced the current hdd with an old one that had the exact same os on it. Funny thing when it starts it gives me the exact same thing. They can both run in safe mode.

I then tried to reinstall on a hdd but when it gets past the install updates/features and completes the installation it then bsod on me without a explanation.

So i am guessing it must be a hardware problem but have no clue where to start. I have tried moving my ram around (with 1 stick).

I have installed xp pro now but would like to have vista installed.

Many thanks

gis

dont know if it applies to you but windows vista 64 bit can sometimes blue screen when you try to install it on a system with 4+gb of ram.

I know recently I had the problem where I could install vista however it was EXTREMELY unstable and it would not let me do updates once it booted to vista for the first time (or they would go through and it would end up being corrupted and caused blue screens) my culprit was the ram. I did have to run the stress tests under the 64bit version as the 32bit ones would pass the test

test your ram sticks (memtest), or try to install with with only 1 stick in in diff slots?
make sure your CPU didnt come loose when you moved it, make sure everything is plugged in, remove any extra PCI / pcie items, like sounds cards and such.

Hello,

I had windows vista 64 bit installed in my computer. Then i moved all of my computer parts from a midi tower to a full tower. Now for some reason i can't seem to load windows. when it starts up i get to the loading screen then the screen goes black. i then get a bsod saying "system service exception".

So what i did was replaced the current hdd with an old one that had the exact same os on it. Funny thing when it starts it gives me the exact same thing. They can both run in safe mode.

I then tried to reinstall on a hdd but when it gets past the install updates/features and completes the installation it then bsod on me without a explanation.

So i am guessing it must be a hardware problem but have no clue where to start. I have tried moving my ram around (with 1 stick).

I have installed xp pro now but would like to have vista installed.

Many thanks

gis

That BSOD message sounds like instability.

Back