• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VMOD the 4400-4600...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you know if the vmod is the same for the ti4200 as well? If so, we need links!!!! :D

BAH!.. that's not that bad.

You should see what my dad and i did with a PS2, installing a mod-chip.

Im not scared of the work, I have been building projects from radio shack parts since i was like 15 ( 10 years) im scared of killing the card. i dont care if i have to solder 100 traces :)

that's a pretty high voltage increase... I'm to scared to do it... you guys try it first... let me know if you fry your vc! haha :)

I already did it on my VisionTek 4400 cooled by cooljag and mini alpha sinks. I didn't gain that much. +20mhz on the core and +10mhz on the memory. So it's at 337/670 now. I think the memory on my particular card is poor to begin with, that's prolly why the extra volts hardly helped it :eh?:

I did it with 1000 ohm for GPU, and GPU speed goes up from 300 to 330MHz.

The Xbitlab use smaller number resistor 680 ohm, so it produced higher GPU VCore and higher OC speed of 340MHz.
Higher number ohm means smaller voltage increase
Lower number ohm means higher voltage increase

Read Xbitlab article carefully!! You need bigger heatsink too for GPU and Memory.

well the core vmod looks pretty simple to do but the mem one looks tricky. i might do it if i end up putting a SK6 on my GPU.

Back