• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volt mod for 7800GT (XFX 7800GT UDE7)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HonersStodnt

Registered
I was planning on volt modding my video card. Im fairly new to the whole topic of volt modding, so I have been practicing soldering onto an old motherboard. I can do it well enough that I dont think I will screw up my card.

Problem is, my card looks NOTHING like all the pictures I have seen of eVGA 7800GT's. I know mine has a 4 pin molex power (unlike all the 6 pin ones), so I think that might be part of the problem. Does anyone know where I should solder too? And is there any way I can find out, if nobody knows? Any help would be appreciated.

HonersStodnt said:
I was planning on volt modding my video card. Im fairly new to the whole topic of volt modding, so I have been practicing soldering onto an old motherboard. I can do it well enough that I dont think I will screw up my card.

Problem is, my card looks NOTHING like all the pictures I have seen of eVGA 7800GT's. I know mine has a 4 pin molex power (unlike all the 6 pin ones), so I think that might be part of the problem. Does anyone know where I should solder too? And is there any way I can find out, if nobody knows? Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure it is a 7800 gt. If it has a 4 pin then it is probably a 7800gs and not a gt. Is it pci express or agp. Pci express=6pin agp=4pin

its pci-express. The UDE7 is wierd, it has a 4 pin connector.

had I known that when I bought it, I most likely would not have. :(

Cool, I learned my something new for the day. I really had no clue that they made one like that.

well, thats not true. My friend bought an xfx UDF7, which has a blue PC board, and a 6 pin power connector.

I used a meter to measure the voltage of my GPU during windows and gaming.

to my surprise, both of them were 1.435 v. What is up with that? I thought the 7800's went to 1.2 during 2D?

Last edited:
Back