• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to go watercooling...wc gurus take a look plz ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've got the exact same rad and pump you're getting, you won't be dissapointed in the least. That pump is so quiet.

alright well my friend got my a gift card thing at petras for birthday so i ordered the pt nuke, coolant blue stuff, and tubing

now im just waiting on birthday money :)

anywho i notice the cpu block i want is sold out no biggie i will order it from somewhere else but i wanted to know what is the best cpu block out?

this was the one i was going to get but its sold out

http://www.petrastechshop.com/dfuuncpubl1.html

or

http://www.petrastechshop.com/eksuuncpuwa1.html

or

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swapgtxexpeb.html

which is better or is there something better in the same price range?

well i bought some minor stuff cause friend got me 50 bucks for petras site so i bought

tubing, pt nuke, fittings, rad box, coolant, and hose clamps

should be able to buy the rest hopefully tomorrow or monday :)

what do you guys think of this res?

http://www.petrastechshop.com/ekmure.html

i really like it alot :) and its cool looking.

well this is the last order of stuff so should be good enough to cool just a Q6600 right ? :p

just a little over my budget but good :D

52912469vy6.png

unless you are going to spend $$$$$$$, and i mean major $$$$$, then the your best bet for performance is distilled water and an anti-algae, like pt-nuke. the only time you need something else is if you are mixing aluminum and copper. then you should get an anti corrosive, since the two will form a galvanic cell and corrode one another.

unless you are going to spend $$$$$$$, and i mean major $$$$$, then the your best bet for performance is distilled water and an anti-algae, like pt-nuke. the only time you need something else is if you are mixing aluminum and copper. then you should get an anti corrosive, since the two will form a galvanic cell and corrode one another.
so pt nuke and distilled water was my first choice and some blue coolant :) to make water blue :D

everything is ordered, should come sometime this week coming up :D cant wait im all excited :p

i know for me, (as you know rumy, that i just finished building my system) that the week of waiting for parts is the toughest!

one piece of advice, dont over tighten blocks! lol..

i know for me, (as you know rumy, that i just finished building my system) that the week of waiting for parts is the toughest!

one piece of advice, dont over tighten blocks! lol..
lol yea im dieing already, everything should come thursday i have most stuff coming priority mail since ground takes 5 days =| so if everything goes well everything should come thursday i should have time to see where im mounting everything might mod my case etc :D then leak test and rock my q6600 @ 4ghz :D

lol yea im dieing already, everything should come thursday i have most stuff coming priority mail since ground takes 5 days =| so if everything goes well everything should come thursday i should have time to see where im mounting everything might mod my case etc :D then leak test and rock my q6600 @ 4ghz :D

I got a itchy trigger finger wanting to click buy on the stuff! :drool:

lol. all of my purchases are pretty rash. its like one second I am looking at shopping cart and the next I am awakening from a black out, having just spent $500.. lol..

Nathan, I have a post right here including pictures.

mmhmm all my parts got shipped out should come all on thursday :D total was $320.00 not bad i guess lol :p will post pics when everything comes :)

had to cut the top of case on my cm690 :p i think i did a good job lol.

now im waiting for my tubing and coolant, pt nuke, clamps to come in tomorrow and then i can begin to leak test

here are some pics sorry im no pro with a camera :p

still need to zip tie other side of fan on video card :p and im waiting for tubing to come to see how im going to place res and pump

i will post back tomorrow when i receieve tubing and everything else :D

thanks to everyone who helped me pick out the list

img4441ho8.jpg

img4442pk9.jpg

img4443iu6.jpg

img4445al0.jpg

img4446qu6.jpg

img4447rj6.jpg

img4511yh9.jpg

img4610cv9.jpg

Last edited:
very nice looking..

the only question i ahve for you..

what is in that cage?!?!?:confused:

and one more i guess.. is that how you plan on mounting your res? just remember, the easiest bleeding comes when the res is at the highest point in your loop. if thats the case, inverting during bleed may help. i did that

Back