• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanted to make sure I got the right optimizer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

klear

I'm gonna run seti for a while on my main system, I chose

05 - Win32 AstroPulse v5.0 SSE3 + AK_v8 SSE3

Is this the best one? looks like 3 instances of astropulse and 1 enhanced.

If your running 3 instances of astropulse and 1 instance of enhanced that just means that you were issued 3 AP work units for the machine to work on and it filled the extra core with a single enhanced work unit. I would say both are good, your setup looks fine.

alright, also is there an easy way to see if it is using the GPU or not? In the messages it does say CUDA devices found but above that there's about 100 [error] no app version for result windos_intelx86 605 cuda

thanks! seti's stats and info is pretty sweet, might switch some other machines over if it stays fun hehe

The Q6600 should be running the AK_v8 SSSE3 app.

We've done some comparisons with the AstroPulse optimizer and it doesn't return nearly the WU's that the regular optimizer does. It's up to you whether you would want to run it or not.

CUDA requires it's own optimizer. See this for more info - I haven't tried it yet: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=588736
Note that the CUDA app will use one core on it's own in addition to the GPU ...

Back