• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanting to upgrade from GTX 295

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

houstonm

So I'm thinking that now I have the computer up and running with nice parts, that it is time to take advantage of DX11.

I don't know which side of the game I want to take. Nvidia has good drivers, but is hot, power hungry and and is getting hammered by ATi.

ATi is fine, but switching cards and wiping drivers and everything would be a hassle. Drivers are also not-so-stellar.

Can anyone make suggestions. I play at 1920x1080. My personal rig's specs are in my sig for reference. I tend to max things out, so a crossfire/SLI suggestion would be good for added performance.

Either a 5970 or a GTX480... since you are upgrading from such a powerful card i wouldn't look at anything else...

I admit that i have had my fair share of problems with the 5970... but when it works... it's an almighty card... but is it really worth the price tag....? hmmmm....

Edit: Or two GTX460's? Apparently they are an awesome pair...

Wait for the new 6000 cards from ATI/AMD. I am and going with a single card solution. Some leaked specs say the 6770/6850 trade blows with the 5870 which in some cases beats the 295.

Back