• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water block for XFX Merc 310 Black 7900XTX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Despotes

I've only found blocks for reference 7900XTX cards coming soon, but no mention from any manufacturer, that I've found, of plans for water blocks for the XFX 7900XTX MERC310 Back Edition.
Anybody know more than I? The 7900XTX XFX MERC310 Black cards seem to be popular. I imagine sometime in the future they'll be made.

Last edited:
If it's a custom PCB, then I highly doubt anyone will make a full-cover block for this card. You may look at Bykski's offer in some time, as they make blocks for less popular cards. I see they have a US website right now - https://www.bykski.us/ , but no 7900TX blocks at all.
I just doubt any leading brand will release blocks for XFX, as they are significantly less popular than ASUS, Gigabyte, or MSI. In many countries are not even available in stores. EK cut down the number of blocks per generation, and they focus only on the most popular cards like ASUS Strix or MSI Trio/Suprim. They said on their compatibility list for XFX 7900XTX: " Sorry, we have no plans to make a full cover water block for this position. Thank you.", but I guess you've seen it already.
Watercool.de has nothing for 7900XTX too.

Radeon 7900XTX is barely selling. These cards started to collect dust since the premiere. Nvidia RTX4000 is not selling well too, but significantly better.

The 7900XTX goes out of stock really fast, but I don't have sales numbers. The XT variations are always in stock. Bykski has made blocks for the XFX MERC319 6900XT cards.

There are barely any 7900XTX in stock, so they go out of stock fast. Stores see it's not selling well at the current price and are not buying them. Everything in larger quantities that is not selling fast is a loss to stores as prices are going down fast. I'm not following US stores, but I see how it looks in the EU, and I actually work with distribution. I see there are all ... 3 XFX 7900XTX available at the largest retailer/etailer in Poland. In the largest German stores like Caseking, I can't even see it listed. More are available only on Amazon, but I can't see what numbers.

You still have a much higher chance of getting a full-cover block for your card than I have for my Colorful RTX4080 ;) For ASRock RX6800XT that I have, no one made blocks too. For EVGA RTX3060 XC only Bykski made a block. When I ordered it from their official store, then they had 3 sold in about a year.

Bitspower announced only blocks for reference 7900XTX. EK announced blocks for ASUS TUF 7900XTX in the upcoming months. Phanteks has nothing for 7900XTX, and I haven't seen any announcements about future blocks.

Alphacool replied to my email.
"as you can check in our configurator or PDF list we are working on a water block for this GPU."

That's what I said, to check everyone's configurator and see. lol

Bitspower
EK
Phanteks
Byski
Deepcool
Alphacool

Hit the sites and double check. When planning a water cooling loop, you def. have to go with more common vendors/cards, or reference layout cards...is there a chance to return this one?

I actually just today converted the EKWB reference Waterblock to fit my XFX Speedster 7900XTX Merc 310.

It's little hassle and was fairly easy. I am currently writing up a guide on how to do that. Hit me up, or search for it on Reddit or IgorsLab in the extra few days, I'll probably post it there.

I actually just today converted the EKWB reference Waterblock to fit my XFX Speedster 7900XTX Merc 310.

It's little hassle and was fairly easy. I am currently writing up a guide on how to do that. Hit me up, or search for it on Reddit or IgorsLab in the extra few days, I'll probably post it there.
Is that guide ready? Never mind. Found it.

If you haven't seen it already then the block was released some days ago:

Back