• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cool Loop - Need Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keyshames

Hi All,

First post here. This is one of the best PC forums I've come across yet! :thup: I'm planning my first water cooled system and I need some advice on building the loop. I've read the stickies but would like to hear from you guys too.

I will be running the loop through my CPU, dual GPUs, RAM, MOBO, and dual 360 radiators. I have two designs in mind, one a dual loop and the other a single loop. While most would advice against a dual loop, I'm worried about the increased resistance/heat as this seems like a large loop. Would a better third option be a single loop with dual pumps? Would the second pump add an extra boost in a single loop using some kind of series/parallel scheme?

I'm currently leaning towards the Koolance RP-452X2 reservoir with dual PMP-450s.
http://koolance.com/rp-452x2-dual-5-25in-reservoir-for-1-2-pmp-450-s-pumps
http://koolance.com/pmp-450-pump-id-13mm-1-2in

flow1.jpg

flow2.jpg

Umm, we have a WC forum. Ask a mod to move it. Any reason your picking that rather old pump design?

Any reason your watercooling the mobo? No need
And umm.... The ram? Totally not needed. Unless your going for show honors because your a spnsored builder and get stuff free.

You might want to read our stickies for a week or so before making any decisions. yes, possibly a week depending on how much spare time you have.

I'm short on time now, but you might see where I'm heading with this.

I still chuckle when I see ppl want to WC there ram. Back in the day we wished we could do it cause damn those puppies ran hot 2.9v :0 . But these days with 1.5 to 1.65 volts it dont even get toasty imho.

Old pump design? I though that the pmp 450 was the same model as the mcp 655, which every one is always recommending? Sure the MOBO/RAM is overkill but that what's I'm going for :)

Would you still recommend a dual pump setup for someone with this many blocks?

I can't stop reading all these awesome threads!

Yes, you'll need two pump. For sure.

Make sure the RAM waterblocks have no aluminum in the water channels.

You need high head pressure pumps. Look at the MCP35x pumps.

I agree RAM doesn't require cooling these days, only required for overkill cooling, which is fun to do for some. :) Mobo however, my VRMs gets quite hot if if go past 1.5V Vcore, so I do not blame yer there, actually meaningful. :)

alright, single loop better than double loop in my opinion, to answer your question.

Back