• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooled heatpipe cpu cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've had a quick look at the guide.
Overclocking the 6400+ was quite easy because there isn't as many options in the bios as there were for the athlon II. specifically there was no option for nb multiplier or voltage. I'm assuming nb freq was tied to the ht freq but I could be wrong. I just copied the memory setting for 800 to the settings that changed when I set memory clock to 667, left rest on auto. changed the pci thingy to asynchronous. set the cpu multiplier to 15 from 16 ( looked online and for this chip it's how you get the best overclock ). I reduced the ht multiplier from 5 to 4. Then I started upping the ref freq and testing for stability then upping cpu voltage when needed. at some point I upped the chipset voltage from 1.15 to 1.2. The one thing I had not tried was disabling the cpu spread spectrum thingy so I tried that today and got 45 minutes out of prime 95 on small ffps with a ref freq of 237 and cpu voltage of 1.5. close but no cigar :) . One other thing I did was that I noticed the chipset temps were quite high so I went to maplins n bought a 40mm fan n stuck it on the ( I'm assumung ) chipset heatsink. The temps went from like 65 degrees down to 35 degrees. no idea if this helped stability but I was impressed :) .

Last edited:
Back