• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooler help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RATCAST

Registered
hey just a quick one, got my first water cooler the other day, installed grate, every now and then i hear sounds like the water going through the piping and block, is this normal ?? thanks

I'm kind of new to water cooling myself so I'm not sure I can answer your question definitively. But it seems logicl to me that if you are hearing noises like that then there is air in the system. Now having air in the system is not unusual, especially if it is a coustom water loop and if the system is setup correctly the air will dissapate with time. This is more unusaul with a closed loop kit I think. So some questiolns:

1. Is this an all in one closed loop kit or a custom built system?
2. Describe to us where the different components are in relation to each other inside he case. The end of the radiator where the hoses are should not be higher than the other end of the radiator but either level with it or lower. If there is air in the system you want it the air pocket to be above the hoses so that the air isn't being picked up by the return hose.
3. Does the cooler seem to perform normally? Have you done any temp monitoring under heavy load like Prime95?
4. Tell us more abot your system? What is the make and model of the water cooler if an all in one? CPU? Motheboard? Case?

An attached pic of the interior of the case that shows where the various components are in relation to each other would be nice. Use the "Go Advanced" posting option in order to attach pics.

Can you post a picture of how it's mounted inside your case?

temps are fine ive been monitoring them since ive installed for the next few days just to make sure its all ok, idling at 23, wont go above 47 on full load

Back