• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Adventure (NZXT Phantom)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OutcastOuting

Recently I finished my new computer. This is the first build I've ever done and am looking into water/liquid cooling it. I appreciate any help and would like to thank those that post here. I am looking to make sure I cool the CPU and GPU. Of course, I am a noob to cooling so please bear with me if I have some errors in knowledge. Here are my specs:
CPU: AMD A10 5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 TR-600 600W
GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Case: NZXT Phantom
Motherboard: GIGABYTE G1.Sniper A88X FM2+ Socket

I have to admit... I am not sure I would watercool any of that... at least for performance purposes anyway.

Since its an APU and a low end video card, you could likely get away with a 2x120mm radiator honestly. I mean what is the heatload there? 175W with both maxed out? It won't take much to cool that off at all.

Watercooling that would be a waste of money in my opinion.

Grab a 212 EVO for the CPU and call it a day.

Ligit Reviews has a few interesting things to say about overclocking the A10-5800K....they put it under a H100 and say they got it to 5.0Ghz stable...I really don't know much about that website, but personally, I think no matter what chip you have, you ought to throw as much cooling as you can afford at it...and see where you get with it :D

Here is the link to the test: http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-a10-5800k-trinity-desktop-apu-review_2047/18

Welcome to OCFs.

Why do you need water cooling for? The money you would spent could easily upgrade some of those components. Are you getting high temps and loud fan noise?

Back