• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Build help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so you think running only 2 monsta 480 will be my best bet with push only fans? and that way i have space to put my pumps next to it...

so you think running only 2 monsta 480 will be my best bet with push only fans? and that way i have space to put my pumps next to it...

I'd say it is.

With that much rad you'll be able to run those fans wayyyy down most of the time.
I doubt you'll get over about 50% PWM on the 3K fans, but I'd definitely go 3K over 2K so you have the extra fan if you add more GPUs later.

since i been running my mobo for a bit without any issues, ill probably stay with my ASUS P9X79... for the money it cost to upgrade/raplace my current board i can get a better monitor or even a 3rd 290x also looking closely to that guys picture of the MIVE and the MOSTA, it looks plugged in, not sure why he says it doesnt fit. also im sure a 20mm fan will fix the problem if needed..

Now i read around that mosta radiators MUST be in a push/pull configuration since it is to big, a push config may not do it. not sure how true this is

It's a crapshoot with the 8-pin being on the top edge of your board...

So this guys uses 2 monsta (80mm) 480mm which im not sure if im doing this math if the height is the same between all rads then we get

85x480 = 40800*2 = 81600mm^2 if using 2 monsta 480

My current order has

2x60x480 = 57600
1x30x240 = 7200
Total = 64800mm^2

So 81600mm^2 > 64800mm^2

so im guessing i would get more area on using 2 monsta instead of 3 radiators... but they will be push only where the 3 would be push and pull

The above is only right IF the FPI on the 30, 60 & 85 is the same....
ST30 ~8FPI , UT60 ~12 FPI , MONSTA ~10 FPI

Note: ST30 could be 14 FPI... numbers are from top of my head

The above is only right IF the FPI on the 30, 60 & 85 is the same....
ST30 ~8FPI , UT60 ~12 FPI , MONSTA ~10 FPI

Note: ST30 could be 14 FPI... numbers are from top of my head

i know what FPIs are but not sure if that would make a difference in my decision.. should it?

those new XSPC RX480 Quad-Fan Radiator V3 actually perform better than the mosta in p/p configuration if the mosta is only in p or p configuration soooooo back to the drawing board :(

some one in another forum recommend something like this:

1 XSPC RX480 Quad Fan Radiator V3 Top
1 XSPC RX480 Quad Fan Radiator V3 Bottom (non psu side)
1 XSPC EX240 Multiport Dual Fan Radiator (psu side) Only 240 so i can fit the pump between it and the psu
1 XSPC EX240 Multiport Dual Fan Radiator (front)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back