• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling near-tragedy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The ASUS A7N8X (at least my A7N8X Deluxe) has C.O.P., which should shut down the PC when the socket diode reaches a certain temp.

sPaNk

I dunno if you use a T-line, but I have mine mounted upwards totally away from the mainboard and components. It's plugged with a syringe (without the needle ofcourse) so it can blow it's top if something ever happens. I also have a BIOS shutdown and MBM5 shutdown, but still you never know. I read another post here a couple of weeks ago from another AMD guy (with a T-bird I think) who actually blew his T-line plug cuz his CPU block was boiling and his CPU survived!

Yeah I have a Tline. It's positioned away from any components, not that I like the idea of water splashing about. It's plugged with a barbed cap, no clamps though. A hose will have to rupture or pop off a barb, probably the BIX since it has smooth sides.

Personally, I'd solder/heatshrink that joint and toss that molex in the skip.
I'd hate for it to act up again when you started to trust it and weren't paying attention....

If you have a warranty to be concerned with, you can solder your psu wires to the ends of the pump molex's pins (if you trust your solder skillz).

Its lucky you have a Mobile Barton. Those chips are awsome they are rated to 100C

I suppose I could hardwire it, I do have the soldering skills to do that. Never have liked Molexes either. It's making good contact now. I'm more worried about the internal components of the pump right now that anything else.

Back