• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling newbie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gibz117

im new to the whole watercooled pc deal. what is a good, idiot proof complete watercooling system. i want one that is simple to setup but provides exceptional cooling.

my rig is currently
case-thermaltake xaser III
mobo-gigabyte ga-7vrx
cpu-amd xp1800
psu-antec truepower 480

my mobo and cpu are getting changed soon. im getting an asus p5kpro and unsure of the cpu.

Well first i would recommend to stay away from makers like therlmaltake, zalman, coolermaster , and go with kits either from Danger Den or Swiftech , which can go from 150 bucks u to 300 but even those ready kits are not as u say idiot proof , there is not that much to water cooling but setting it up can be time consuming and u can fry your stuff if u make an unfortunate mistake , but all u need to do is read up on some of the stickies that we have here and just threads like this one but with more specific questions , but saying all that and then looking at your choice of CPU i dont see why you would need a water cooling,high end air might suit you alot better and with that cpu u wont need high speed fans so noise is unlikely to be an issue .

i concur with charlie, if you talking about a e2180 or e2200 high end air will work wonders.

if you really want water i suggest reading up more and going through the last couple of pages of threads just to get a sense of what goes on.

all the good kits and custom setups are about the same as far as building and being simple.

whats your budget?

ok. ive had some people tell me that i should go watercooled, but i wanted to hear it from some guys whoknow what they are talking about.

you can go water no doubt, but if those are the chips you would water cool it's kind of overkill and it seems to me that its a budget build and water would be at least 200 (new parts).

Back