• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How come no one uses a cd-rom when water cooling? and rads...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Vinyl is dead, except for old people who even know what it is. :clap: Yes, I'm one of those. The first one I bought was Van Halen I when it first came out. Hey, if you like scratching sounds, changing needles, and taping a penny to the head.....

8 tracks are dead...my first car had one. Cassettes are dead. CD's are practically dead. When I do buy CD's, I buy them from Amazon. You get the CD and a digital copy so no ripping required, for a lot of them. I probably have 1000 CD's and have ripped them all. You know how long that takes? :p

I rarely use CD's or Blu-Ray any longer....but, it's a pain when you need one and you don't have it. Installing one is no problem, even with a 480 rad in the front, if you have the right case.

020.JPG

I still have a Blu-ray and 3-4 CD/DVD burners laying around somewhere. My air cooled secondary folding rig has two drives while the main rig I'm on has none because I'm all out of space. :D I honestly like it this way plus flash drives are faster with less cable clutter in the rig, etc. Seeing some love their CDs is no different than someone older loving their own 8 Track. Got to get with times fellas. :p Speaking of which, I still need to convert about 50+ VHS to digital and haven't even started yet. :bang head

I was going to install my Blu Ray burner, but then I need to run another set of SATA power connectors just to it unless I use a 4 pin splitter and a 4pin to SATA connector.

It's all dead Practically useless, with removable media flash devices sizes now, had one but you lost it need another one was dedicated for boot operation's and OS. but you were some one who hoarded blanks and burnt music/dvds so still have allll these blanks and disc's that are better off being nuked in the microwave.

Back