• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Reservoirs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Swiftech MicroRes. Used it for two loops (out of 3 total loops I've built) and there is no comparison to T-line. If you have the space, pick it up. It's silent, bleeds quick, and is small and helps to use less water and fill your loop faster. I got mine for $10.

Another :thup::thup::thup::thup: for the Micro.

001wl3.jpg

I'm a T line guy, but I do have to say I like idea of bleeding with that micro res over the cramped T I have now in my midtower.

3/4" Copper Tee might be for you. It holds about half or more as a MicroRes and bleeds much faster than a 1/2" Tee.

I have had good and bad luck with the acrylic bay res's. I have 2 of the Tanky UV Blue dual bay res's in my other PC and they have done an excellent job for a few years now. BUT, I put 4 of the Icebox dual bays in Quadzilla and the all 4 failed in less than a month just sitting there filled with water and not even being used since I was waiting on my MB to come back from RMA. So, IMHO its a 50-50 shot on acrylic bays for realibility and durability. Definetly stay away from Icebox.

I have now changed my res's in Quadzilla to the Bullseye black POM res's simply because they are not metal and they are machined out of a solid block. There is now way a seam can fail that way. Yes, the front bubble is sealed with an o-ring and has the posibility of leaking, but it fits in there so damn tight that I doubt that will ever happen. O-rings are alot more reliable than glued seams. So far no leakage, for the first 2 weeks anyway. Keep in mind that these res's take up 2-5 1/4 bays. Just another thought for you to look into is all.

T lines work quite well too. I myself prefer to have the res just for the fact of knowing there's extra water in there. I had an Eheim a few years back that eventually sprung a leak (the influent and effluent threads split where the barbs threaded in) and started dripping. Luckily the pump waqs located on the bottom of the case and it puddled right around the pump and eventually dripped to the floor, not going anywhere near electronics. I didn't notice it right away, not until I saw the puddling on the floor (the computer was sitting on a concrete floor in my basement), and the rig was still running and temps were fine. The res was just about empty but enough was returning to keep the pump from going completely air bound. If I had a T line, I might have been screwed. That's the main reason I like reservoirs. :)

BayReses are far too shallow and take forever to bleed, not to mention they slosh. Go for the microres.

I eliminate any sloshing by totally filling mine, which makes it silent. As far as bleeding time when I compare my current bayres to previous setups I've done with Tee's its still quite a bit faster, so not sure what the basis for this comment is :confused:

I eliminate any sloshing by totally filling mine, which makes it silent. As far as bleeding time when I compare my current bayres to previous setups I've done with Tee's its still quite a bit faster, so not sure what the basis for this comment is :confused:

It probably is faster than the tee, but I'd still assume the microres to be quicker. I had heard, as well as seen videos of many bayreses being very loud with the water sloshing around inside. Again it won't make a difference if it's filled (I completely fill my microres) but after time some water will permeate out and it may eventually drop until topped off again. Plus I think it's just a hassle routing tubing to the drive bay.

What type of reservoir do you have?

Alphacool bayres. I opted for a bayres this time to save space. It occupies a space that would otherwise go unused, and believe me, when you're running a mid tower case with an internal triple rad space is at a premium.

The XPSC design looks more modern then the repak, an evolutionary improvement.

Alphacool bayres. I opted for a bayres this time to save space. It occupies a space that would otherwise go unused, and believe me, when you're running a mid tower case with an internal triple rad space is at a premium.

The XPSC design looks more modern then the repak, an evolutionary improvement.

Mid-Tower with a triple rad?! I am amazed at your craftsmanship to fit that :)

Oh man, I remember seeing that. Still running the same loop :)

Creative man. Would have never thought of that.

Wrong, These are the types mentioned before to stay away from, and that's because they have a seam mid way up around the diameter of the peice that is known for splitting apart over time.

Agreed, I bought one and never had the balls to try and mount it. Beyond those scary seams, it was impossible to "lock" the barbs. They would just spin.

Last edited:
Back