• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water wont flow through system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

animmortal

Registered
Im actually having some trouble with a water loop. I installed it with out video cards because they were in the mail and the loop worked but after installing the two video cards it wont pump and even seems to have some back pressure as i saw the water going up the return tube. I pulled the graphic cards and it worked again, I ran the loop only through the cards back to the resevore and it still would work. The cards are brand new evga hydro copper 1080ti so Im not sure what could be causing this.

34941033313_a13acd031b_k.jpg water not pumping by Stephen Bakle, on Flickr

thankyou

Last edited:
update

Im actually having some trouble with a water loop. I installed it with out video cards because they were in the mail and the loop worked but after installing the two video cards it wont pump and even seems to have some back pressure as i saw the water going up the return tube. I pulled the graphic cards and it worked again, I ran the loop only through the cards back to the resevore and it still would work. The cards are brand new evga hydro copper 1080ti so Im not sure what could be causing this.

34941033313_a13acd031b_k.jpg water not pumping by Stephen Bakle, on Flickr

thankyou

Update: Ok i took both cards out and placed just one card in the loop so it went reservoir -> d5 pump -> evga hydro copper -> reservoir and it still would not pump through the card.

I can not, they are brand new EVGA cards that came pre installed with the hydro copper. I thought since it was unlikely that both were defective and I couldnt blow through either, that it was normal. I can take the plate off and try and take a picture of the water block if you would like.

thankyou

Helluva system you've got there. If you cannot blow air through the GPU blocks, then you have blockage. Remove the GPU's and see if you can blow air through them. I know this isn't what you want, but you'll have to see if you can blow air though the rest of the system (Cpu and VRM blocks). Also check your fittings to be sure a rubber o-ring hasn't lodged itself somewhere.

Thanks Nebulous for the system compliment, I have already tried to blow through the gpus and removed them multiple times with no avail, a very small amount of water can flow through them but when i try to blow i cannot produce enough pressure to blow through the system, do cards come from the factory with blockages often?

35727577626_8eae763157.jpg card by Stephen Bakle, on Flickr

the heat sink looks like theres nothing in it but i dont know why i cant blow through it

Last edited:
There shouldn't be any type of blockage. If you're having a hard time just trying to blow air through them, then something must be wrong with those fittings. Maybe they're too long and the threaded part is so close to the bottom of the block that it's preventing any type of circulation via air or water. You should be able to blow air through those suckers clearly and with no restriction. Is the rest of the system clear? Can you blow air through it?

Your best bet is to send them both back for RMA and have them clear whatever is blocking them. Hopefully you didn't burn out your pump my friend.

luckily My pump is still working and pumping if i take the video cards out of the loop, I will call evga tomorrow and see about RMA, any recommendations on what fittings to use with the two cards when I get them back?

Since it looks like you have rigid tubing, take a look around this place . Also you might not need to buy new fittings if EVGA straightens out the problem you currently have. See what EVGA does first before spending money on new fittings ;)

Keep us posted here. Good Luck!

I changed them, from what I saw online it didnt look like it mattered where the ports were, is that not the case? when I received them only the ports on the front by the gtx 1080 logo were open. I just tried to blow through the graphics card in the original configuration that i received them in and still could not pass any air through.

Last edited:
Surely not normal and there's something blocking the fluid or air from passing through. As much as I'm not a huge fan with their no-name blocks, it should still work. I would RMA so you don't have to open up the block and see what the issues are unless directed by them to do so personally.

Surely not normal and there's something blocking the fluid or air from passing through. As much as I'm not a huge fan with their no-name blocks, it should still work. I would RMA so you don't have to open up the block and see what the issues are unless directed by them to do so personally.

I concur. Best to RMA them and have them take care of the issue. If you open up the blocks you may lose the warranty with EVGA.

The last two posts here are the best advice you'll get on your situation. ;)
RMA that stuff.
EVGA has the best customer service in the business. They will take care of you.

Thanks for all the responses guys, appreciate it. I called them up today, call went very smooth and quick, just told them the issue and the steps I had taken to test and then after a short hold he told me they were going to advance RMA it for me. Ill let you guys know how it goes when I get the new cards!

It could be the fittings you have used on the GPU blocks.

If the G1/4" threads on the fittings are too long then they can actually block the internal orifice inside where you screw in the fitting as they can bottom out if too long - I have seen this thing happen with CPU blocks.

When you tried blowing into the block - did you unscrew your fittings or did you try blowing in with your fittings attached?

If the G1/4" threads on the fittings are too long then they can actually block the internal orifice inside where you screw in the fitting as they can bottom out if too long - I have seen this thing happen with CPU blocks.

When you tried blowing into the block - did you unscrew your fittings or did you try blowing in with your fittings attached?

If you're having a hard time just trying to blow air through them, then something must be wrong with those fittings. Maybe they're too long and the threaded part is so close to the bottom of the block that it's preventing any type of circulation via air or water. You should be able to blow air through those suckers clearly and with no restriction.

;)

I did, thankyou. I placed everything the way it came new out of box and tried to blow through it and had no luck. :(

Back