• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water wont flow through system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I did, thankyou. I placed everything the way it came new out of box and tried to blow through it and had no luck. :(

Then it looks like they (EVGA) screwed up and put the wrong fittings on. It rarely happens, but it does. They'll fix you up and you can get that beast up and running.

It looks as though you changed the tubing routing. Do both cards get adequate flow-through in that configuration? It seems like you're probably bypassing the bottom card to a large extent.

It looks as though you changed the tubing routing. Do both cards get adequate flow-through in that configuration? It seems like you're probably bypassing the bottom card to a large extent.

I also use my GPU's in parallel configuration being used here. Both cards get liquid but temps are usually more closer to each other than say in serial.

2d13fb9f_1486fdaa_2waySLIseries-para.png

In my mind the water would largely bypass the bottom card and flow primarily through the top block. Interesting to know that's not the way it actually works out.

In my mind the water would largely bypass the bottom card and flow primarily through the top block. Interesting to know that's not the way it actually works out.

Your mind is wrong.... :)

Actually what happens is that the water flow equally traverses through both blocks.

Water will always flow through the path of less resistance. Since both paths have the same flow resistance (identical blocks) then water will flow equally through both blocks.

Basically the overall flow resistance is halved when running two identical blocks in parallel.

When running a serial GPU setup, the overall flow resistance is increased.

Many systems use parallel GPU block connections in their loops as IMO the tube routing tends to/can look better as compared to a serial config..

Your mind is wrong.... :)

Not the first time, won't be the last. That's why I'm an evidence based person. I often can't trust my own intuition on things.

Many systems use parallel GPU block connections in their loops as IMO the tube routing tends to/can look better as compared to a serial config..

It does tend to look better that way.

Back