• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Advice for Core i7-930 & GTX285 (Please)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Everything is here and assembled. I am in the midst of leak testing. Photos will show up as daylight allows.

One thing: I am running the MCP655 at max, and there is a very annoying high-pitched whine. Not loud, but definitely hurts. I think it will get better once I assemble the case, but is this normal? I bought this pump because it was supposed to be quiet!

Also, I have shaken and stirred the case to no end, but I still hear a bit of a "trickling" noise in the pump. Is there still air in the line somewhere? (I also hear it a bit in one of the radiators).

Hi! Try it at setting 4. Seems to be the all time fav. Pictures when your build is done? :)

Wes

Give it a day or two. Micro bubbles are working themselves out. It helps if you turn the pump down to 3 or so.

Your system should be able to run at 3 or so on the pump. Once your all done bleeding then you can play with the speed during your load tests to se where temps begin to climb. You'll see it if you do some methodical testing.

Running at 3.8Ghz right now, with 62C on the hottest core and 54C on the coolest. Running both the CPU and the GPU maxed out with the fans on high even over the course of an hour doesn't see a rise above 64C, and about 43C on the GPU.

Pushing on to 4.2 soon!

I have two concerns:

1) My mobo takes at least 20 seconds to POST - I press the button to turn it on, and then 20 seconds later I see the POST screen.

2) EIST is not working, even though it's enabled in the BIOS. Any thoughts as to why? (HT is on, TurboBoost is off.)

Back