• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Bleeding Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

howdoi

Registered
I have built my first SFF Custom Loop and had the pump running for about 2 hours. I have stopped and restarted the pump multiple times to let the bubbles rise and pop. When the pump is running, it looks like it is creating a ton of bubbles which never go away. I am using CryoFuel Clear and when the pump is running, it looks 'white'.

View attachment 211249View attachment 211250

Am I doing something wrong?

Can you post some pics of your entire loop so we can see the whole arrangement of components?

I bet you have a bunch of air trapped in the radiator. Have you tried tipping the system around to move air pockets?

Nice looking loop. Way to cram everything in a small space!

It sounds like the air in your system moving around and is normal for a newly built loop. It will take much more time than two hours to get it all out. I usually run mine overnight to get everything out and still find some trapped in there the next day. I also leave the top of my res open a little to let the air vent while I'm bleeding my loops. I assume your res has a fitting port on the top, just loosen that up so the air escapes. Just make sure to tighten it back up before tilting your box around to loosen the air bubbles. :p

I have about 5 time. water level is staying constant. I will keep trying. Will this be something that naturally works itself out if I keep the pump running? or is it something that I will have to tilt and move to get out?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

i am using an AlphaCool Cape Corp 10LT Pro. I am wondering if it is the inner straw (which i have attached the return to) that is causing that 'swirl'. It shoots up to the top of the res like a fountain.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Thanks for the compliment. This is about 2 months in the making. With plenty of mistakes along the way. Custom cables and careful placement of wires helped. Thanking GOD right now, i didn't try to cram a 2nd radiator in the bottom like I originally planned.

Oh another question. What pump do you have and is it variable speed? If you have it on max, try turning the pump down some and run it overnight.

I have a ID DDC 3.2. it is variable speed, but how do you do that? I am running it off the 4-molex. How do you control the speed if it isn't through the MB?

I have a ID DDC 3.2. it is variable speed, but how do you do that? I am running it off the 4-molex. How do you control the speed if it isn't through the MB?

You cannot, is there any reason that you haven’t plugged the motherboard cable in?

If you are getting excessive bubbles coming from the pump you need to try and sort it out quickly. Just running the pump until all of the bubbles go away is not advisable as you can cause cavitation which can destroy the pump. If you are using a reservoir (cannot see the pics on my phone) connected to the pump do you use a baffle in the res at all? You should have 95% of the bubbles out of the system in a few minutes in my experience and then the rest will leave after a few hours.

I think someone suggested it but have you literally manhandled the case and tipped it every way you can to release the air from the radiator?

EDIT: I can see the pics now, and that isn't good. I would leave it off and let all of the bubbles settle, however long it takes. Then for a short burst 1-2 seconds turn the pump on and cycle the water through and then turn off and let settle again. Hopefully by doing this a few times you will bring out the bigger bubbles into the reservoir and not have them break up in the pump. And also, yes I would remove the plastic tube in the reservoir and use a baffle if one came with it (sometimes a bit of plastic or some foam), I think they are good for large reservoirs but not small (IMO).

Last edited:
Thats why there is a cable that plugs into your motherboard. The molex is for power, the mobo header is for (pwm) control.

At the website it says this under details...
Laing DDC-3.2 PWM (Xylem DDC-3.25TPPWM4) high-performance water pump with power management control (via PWM - pulse width modulation) of rotation speed trough motherboard BIOS or dedicated fan controller.

yes. I have that connected already. I was just bleeding the loop and haven't booted it up yet. There is no power to the MB yet. Thank you! I will do that as soon as I get booted.

One other thing I thought of. What brand reservoir is that? You might look for an anti-cyclone/vortex add-on for it to help reduce the spin in the reservoir and bubbles. PPCS carries a bunch.

I'll also add that I agree with the above recommendations of slowing the pump down. That is a fairly small loop so I would think full speed is overkill.

I think someone suggested it but have you literally manhandled the case and tipped it every way you can to release the air from the radiator?

This is what I was getting at. Tipping will let the air move more easily.

One other thing I thought of. What brand reservoir is that? You might look for an anti-cyclone/vortex add-on for it to help reduce the spin in the reservoir and bubbles. PPCS carries a bunch.

I'll also add that I agree with the above recommendations of slowing the pump down. That is a fairly small loop so I would think full speed is overkill.

That would be a great idea, the add-on.

Try running the pump at 50% speed, instead of 100% speed, that's definitely a small loop and a lot of pump.

Ive had the same issue with a ddc 3.2 and smaller loop. The head pressure of the pump is incredibly high so you end up just blasting the bubbles through the loop. The only way to avoid it is to run it really slow as has been suggested.
GL!

Back