• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC block for 2080ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hemzorz

Registered
Hey everyone...got another question regarding my loop.

I think I'm going to purchase a Galax GeForce 2080ti SG GPU for $1699 Aus. Does it matter what PCB I use? Apparently it's binned but does that matter if I'm manually overclocking anyway? Can I flash any bios to it so I can increase the power?

What's the difference in buying this and a 2080ti that's $800 more?

Finally but not least...what waterblock should I use?

Screenshot_20190307-160846_Chrome.jpeg

The PCB will be paramount when deciding on a block for compatibility reasons
where you get the block should have a comparability list that will tell you if it will fit your model.

EK had reference designs only last time I checked

Bits Power had a few choices , but will need to verify

The PCB and model will also determine what BIOS would be safe to run, I would not necessarily flash a 350 / 400 watt BIOS to a reference design

Also make sure you have adequate cooling as the VID on a custom BIOS will be substantially higher than stock

Seems to be a decently priced 2080ti, my only concern is the chip model, double check that it is the 300A version, not 300. Flashing a bios is really helpful when it comes to overclocking, I've flashed an 380w EVGA bios to my inno 3d card, had no problems with it and got some fairi decent overclock, 2130 core and 8350memory. This should be reference pcb so any founders water block will fit.

Thanks guys ...bit the bullet and it's a reference PCB that's binned. Got both the GPU and block express delivered for under $2k AUD

Honestly not sure why it's the cheapest one when it's definitely 300a and the "super gaming" model...doesn't make sense

Looking forward to getting it. [emoji16] Loop is coming along slowly...waiting for a few angle fittings to complete so I can leak test then when GPU gets here I will put it in.

Just got nzxt sentry 3 fan controller to go with it all. Very excited to be able to play Minecraft on ultra. Screenshot_20190308-134843_Chrome.jpeg Screenshot_20190307-160846_Chrome.jpeg 1552134352467.jpeg 20190309_114158.jpeg 20190309_101410.jpeg

Back