• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Budget Q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Go for a T-Line instead. Try to find a T that has two 1/2" connections (for the straight segments) and a 3/4" or 1" connection for the fill line. That way you'll have an easy to fill chamber without the higher added cost of a res.

What is the time difference then between filling with a T line vs a res??
The main reason i want a res at this point is to keep filling as painless as possible.

A lot of guys use the Swiftech Micro-Res, "MCRES-MICRO Hi-Flo Reservoir". It's got 1/2" barbs and is relatively small for a res. Here's a link at Petra's: http://www.petrastechshop.com/swmchire.html

I've been using a 3/4" T (copper 1/2"x1/2"x3/4") instead of the more common 1/2". The last time took maybe 10 minutes or less before the loop was full - 3-5? cycles of fill, run pump, stop pump, repeat.

After that you follow the same routine as you do with a res - let the loop run for awhile and keep an eye on the water level adding more as needed as the air bubbles bleed out. I think I had to add water once during the bleed, then topped it off after ...

I'm using 2XBonneville W/AC HC in my external setup. I'm using a Danner Mag 7 and a homebuilt resevoir. I was using a Mag 3 when I first put the rig together, but the Mag 7 gives about 3C better temps.

WCP4DualHC2.jpg

WCP4DualHC.jpg

HAHAA mag 7? Wow!

Maybe latter, but i think the mag 3 will work for me... and i think by the numbers, its on par with a D5 which seems to be enough for most people.

I use two reservoirs. It makes bleeding super quick. I was able to fill/bleed my whole system to nearly bubble free in about four minutes.

I think I will stick to one res at first. I am leaning towards the micro res.
But if its a pain, I will have plenty of room to add a second.

Which one? Ironicly the folks at razetek seemed to be the only ones in stock with both a micro-res and a apogee.

I think i have ordered everything except for the blower -- which as cool as it is, i am still nervious about.
Maybe i will check back with the HVAC store tomorrow and see what the return policy is on such an item.
I just hope its quieter than a vantec tornado, or at least a more tolerable pitched noise.

OK, parts are starting to come in. :beer:

Temp Sensor -- check
Heater Cores -- check
Hosing, clamps, fittings, valves, T's -- check and partialy assembled.
Case fans (unrelated to the WC system, but still nice to have) -- check
Pump -- check
Micro Res -- on back order @ razetek
Apogee -- will be shipped out with res

While i want to watercool my GPU as well, i am going to hold out untill i know what card i am using. Idealy i want to be able to use either an 8800 or an r600 DX10 card. But i would guess that at first we will have to wait for the blocks to come out for those cards.

Last edited:
fhanderson said:
I'm using 2XBonneville W/AC HC in my external setup. I'm using a Danner Mag 7 and a homebuilt resevoir. I was using a Mag 3 when I first put the rig together, but the Mag 7 gives about 3C better temps.

WCP4DualHC2.jpg

WCP4DualHC.jpg

Dude that damn thing looks like it's about to BLAST OFF... Buck Rogers-style.

Back