• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC'n the HAF-X Dream Machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
time to PPPPPPAAAAARRRRRTTTTYYYYY!!!!

I have soooooo much to do; first waiting on the last few part I'm getting later today... then probably break the HAF-X down and check fitting of radiator/fans... if all is well, i'll assemble tomorrow with min mods, if not then its dremel time.

thoughts on air flow through top mounted radiator?? either 200mm pushing down into rad and 120mm pulling air through rad into system; or 120mm pushing air up through radiator and 200mm helping pull it through and out?

Attachments

• timetoplay.jpg
    timetoplay.jpg
    602.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Thanks for the pic. :popcorn: Love seeing new hardware especially when its a GTX 680 Hydrocopper :drool: I would go with a push n pull exhaust going out than if you we're to use the 200mm as a intake because you're just going to drop in much warmer air back into the case than if you would pull air out of the case originally.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. mad respect to all water coolers. I sorta prep'd on friday eve with cleaning/fitting fittings, shut down pc and went at it about 9:30am saturday, started leak test around 7pm, and first boot just now at 12:30am sunday. very awesome, very cool, very happy with everything (even the disasters I worked through.) thanks guys for all the help. pics to come (i'm gonna do a build log) but here is a teaser.

Attachments

• timetoplay2.jpg
    timetoplay2.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 81
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. mad respect to all water coolers. I sorta prep'd on friday eve with cleaning/fitting fittings, shut down pc and went at it about 9:30am saturday, started leak test around 7pm, and first boot just now at 12:30am sunday. very awesome, very cool, very happy with everything (even the disasters I worked through.) thanks guys for all the help. pics to come (i'm gonna do a build log) but here is a teaser.

Congratulations and welcome to the WC club :D Very nice build and you look like you did your homework and took your time to leak test it which is always a must (assuming you cleaned your gear before you put it together too). Dam EVGA had to make the logo red? Can it change or is that the standard color?

I assume it's always red because that is EVGA's colors. BUT, I am sure it can be accessed and any LED of your choice could be soldered in!!!

i have not considered a 140/180 up front. currently running (idle/load) 24/35 CPU and 27/39 for the GPU. Once i step up to the new ivy bridge i7 cpu/modo, then I might consider extra radiator. if needed, i will most likely go for a read mounted 140x2. thanks for the interest though.

Back