• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

website idea...APPLIANCE DEATH.COM....need input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

so theres alot of funny things out there that become big, given enough time...HOmestar runner, beebo, badger badger mushroom mushroom, stick death....Gi Joe spoofs (I LOVE THOSE)

well something funny we do is garbage pick ...haha yea anyways...most stuff works, but then again alot doesnt...normlaly we throw it right back...couple times, blowing up TVs with a spud canon was pretty funny...

now i had a DVD player and a stereo i couldnt fix, they hardly worked...they hadda go...it was also warm and i thought id bring my canon out for alittle....

i cant even describe how funny it is. we video taped it, 2 angles...1 first person aiming, one close up....stacked the DVD on the stereo...shot a 4lb peice of steel stock out of it..needed a ram rod and wd 40.....it just oblitterated the dvd player..i mean seconds later in the tape you still see parts falling from the sky...electronics are far funnier than TVs/CRTs...unless fire is involved...but the idea struck, HEY, if Galager can smash things and everyone loves him, why cant we blow up stuff with a high power canon and everyone love us? lol its just too funny to describe...since the stock fit air tight, there was the loudest boom ive ever heard....loud as an M80...camera muffled it though...there was this huge cloud of CO2/smoke

once i get my mac ill edit and post em...thats where i need help..

be it that im on mac, normally id be spitting out quicktime, but i think divx would be more suitable? what do you guys think? i like to keep all my non-mac people in mind :p

where could we host such files? id make sure theyre only a couple megs.

what would you guys like to see killed? i think if it got big enough we'd allow people to send us stuff...but i doubt thatd happen

also, we always tape multiple angles...now, the first time we did picture in picture, first person main, up close in the bottom corner, which makes sense...our first person cam is a miniDV 720x486 and our second is only 320x240...the next time we did it, i did cuts, first the main, then the second veiw..i need to get a better impact with these shots...splitscreen maybe? And of corse, theyre always replayed and slo-mo'd

i think one id put on that doesnt really count is new years, when my dad blew away a poster of puff daddy we picked...with a 20guage shotgun...or the toaster with a .32...but those arent as funny..i guess since its a 2" peice of metal going at about 200mph and it just destroys everything makes it 10x funnier

i know PCGUY offered to host files for me under 10 megs...im sure he;ll end up reading this, ive been wicked busy and now my comp is dead...BUT once its back, ill be getting everything setup, and ill send those files pcguy.

any input guys. thanks.

hury up! i wanna see those movies!

and to the website idea, freaking awsome idea, i have a Potato gun myself, and i tend to blow things strait to hell all the time, but i have never thought of doing it to dead appliances, wich i have my fair share laying around

what about doing that to a dead washer? i mean, cement slugs or something would do wonders, or maybe flaming cans of gas? hehe

Actually, if you can find one of the really old washers, like 30+ years old, they tended to have a huge chunk of concrete inside them to dampen the shaking during the spin cycle. That might complicate a potential shoot (unless of course you knew about it and designed the shoot around that).

Of course you would have to shoot out a TV tube. Also, how about trying to cook on a Palomino? I have seen video of eggs being fryed but what about trying to make, for example, a grilled cheese sandwich?

well, before the thread gets out of hand id like to state, we shoot this in a PRIVATE AREA , and the appliance is backed by a chunk of tree thats about 7" thick, and 3 feet across..however we manage to take chunks out ...nevertheless NO ONE GETS HURT

im looking at ways to convert files from .avi to .swf, making my life (and everyone elses time) ALOT EASIER...not restricted to platform then.

as for the washing machine, the old ones, yea id fear them..however the newer ones (ours died a few years back) ohhh dude those owuld be fun! theyre soo crapy and alluminum...i know we could shoot thru it...STOVE!!!! ugh cant wait til bulk day!..just needa make sure the group fatkid isnt working.

yea beleive me i wanna get the vids up too. oh well, atleast you guys will have pleanty to watch when i do get em wont you? my gun ruptured :( everythings dying on me!...luckily its a like 2 dollar repair

of corse i think id allow submissions...if it wasnt totally STUPID and done properly

EDIT: POTS AND PANS!! any idea how sweet it would sound? we did a fridge once, RIGHT THRU IT....freeon everywhere lol...we'll start small, i dnt think my parents would appreciate us lugging bulk appliances in the back, shooting them full of holes, and then putting them on the lawn....hahahha wonder what people would think when they drive by? oh well, we can move up based on popularity

Last edited:
definently no one here lol...maybe when we go out to the country we could do explosives...this guy that lives behind my uncle always blows up furniture with dynamite...ive seen videos its truly halarios...

this thing isnt too accurate mind you, and the recoil is HUGE...however, firing a small propane tank might be halarious if we can do it from a far distance, which i think i could rig up a sprinkler valve to the thing so we can stand like a good 100 yards away, set it off and laugh

i once set off those 15lb propane tanks, talk about stupid, that and a 20oz canister of compressed gasoline, ok it aint gasoline, but something very similiar, they use it in the artic, and its extremely powerful when detonated

but yeah, just go out into the country, wich for me is 5min away :)

i am thinking of building a morter this summer, finaly a pnuematic one, no more comubstion, they are only 60% reliable!

exactly on the pneumatics...

lol so simple, a site of things blowing up

and i figure after we get like 50 or 100 or something, make a DVD

haha alright destruction fans good news!

im ordering my dual G5 today YAY.

Hosting will not be a problem, apparently one can turn video clips into .swf, meaning imagehost.biz or photobucket can take em.

Yea, id like to keep the making them to a minimum on here, cause this is a really controversial hobby (as far as ATF and legality is concerned) so lets just keep OC from gettin in trouble (and getting a mod on our case)

however, i can answer Q's via PM/AIM. PCguy is another whos big into this, surprised he isnt here yet.

12g CO2 cartrages seem to be awesome to shoot, if you can get them to fly straight.

I wasn't here yet becuae I didn't even see this thread :p

But you could take out an old monitor... or TV... or microwave.

I used to have something that would do the conversion, but I forgot where it is :(
I'm not sure how good of a filesize you will get.

But anyways now I have a few new things on my site. http://www.spudfiles.com/

There are the forums, which I had before, but now you can submit cannons and such. You should submit yours.

There is also the gallery, where you can upload images. You can do videos there too, but I have to do them manually myself.

If you get a video together, try to make it the best you can and as small as you can and shoot it at [email protected]. I will zip er up and put it up in the gallery.

im sorry to keep everyone waiting (and im going to tease you more) i got my mac (YAY) it loves my camera, however, FCP doesnt like the fact i dont have alot of ram. iMovie is worthless imo, (its like windows movie maker) but i mite be able to get something up soon.

Now the tease, we just did a 3CD changer. Blew stuff in a 20 foot radius. The wooden case just flew EVERYWHERE. and the funnier part, some old guy picked up the thing sitting on my curb! there was holes right thru it but he took it!

ok guys, temporarily enough of requests lol. i got my ram and second monitor setup arriving next week, but im starting to setup now.

What i wanna know, what format would everyone prefer? i hear converting avi files to swf is nice but the quality SUCKS. Quicktime so far seems to be an amazing codec. Sry windows guys lol

Im debating, .mov, .mpg, or .swf. Mpgs will be bigger...

Does anyone know a FREE server to STREAM .mov files?

so far what ive been reading, i can embed a .mov/.avi into a flash...ive been reading tutorials, hah i got the demo of flash lol took me forever to make a button and have it LINK to a page, but i got it. then when i saw how C++ is comming back to haunt me, i swore and yea lol.

So, ive decided, movie embeded flash.

But some Q's on flash,

is it possible to make the whole home page in flash? like buttons/text and all? im used to dreamweaver. i just wanna make it in flash, for easy buttons...but not make it a .swf, just an html..so far seems doable.

Anyone know where i can get a tutorial for stop, play rewind, forward and progress bar in flash? Also if at all possible, SLOW MO? thatd rule.

EDIT: i didnt blow up anything this week. THe microwave got lucky. Anyways, my ram was ordered thursday nite, said 2 day delivery. But as screwy as it is here, it would probably be here this comming monday, along with my adc-dvi adaptor. So i shall be making the webpages, buttons, graphics and such..and hopefully by the time its all nice and neat and ready, the parts come so i can throw the first few scenes on.

i hate taking forever on something so cool, sorry im making you guys wait.

You can make the whole home page in flash and then embed the swf file in your index. From what I remember, macromedia has a bunch of dreamweaver tutorials, and one of them includes a stop, play, rewind, etc... tutorial. If you have any other questions, feel free to catch me on aim. I want to see these videos.

Back