• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird fan behaviour, H100 3 pin.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JR23

Hey Guys, today my side panel turned up for my 600T so i figured i'd try setting up my H100 rad with push pull with my coolermaster fans.

I wired all 4 fans into the H100 which takes PWM 4 pin and normal fans. So when I booted they all fired up hit max speed and then shut off then in pairs kept turning on and slowing down and stopping. No matter where I put the speed setting on the cooler they would behave the same.

Then i tried the 2 stock fans and 2 CM's in this instance they all turned on and revved up and then settled into an idle but when I increased the speed setting the coolermasters shut off and the stock fans throttled up.

Last of all I took the third pin out of the CM's and plugged them in using 2 pins. They turned on and maintained a constant speed no matter where the speed was set. So it wasn't a great fix.

I am guessing this problem is occurring because the CM's can't report the same top speed as the stock fans so the H100 shuts them down or possibly the CM's can't operate at as lower voltage as the stock fans as the LED's stay on.

Tomorrow I have a bunch of Scythe GT's turning up so I will see what happens with 4 of them with 3 pin and 2 pin. But if you guys have seen this before and know the cause it would be awesome! Also does anyone else run different fans on the H60,80 or 100 and how are they influenced by the speed control.

Joe

Thanks very much for that! Its not what my problem stems from though. It works perfectly with the stock fans, and it is from a much more recent batch than those re-called, I just checked the box.

I didn't manage to get my PC back together today so i'll just wait and see what happens with the S GT's tomorrow! :D

Back