• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird keyboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

I just bought an Everex notebook after reading about it in the Cyberdeals section. It really does seem like a great deal, good video, ok specs, 17" display. It is really big of course.

What makes me think about returning it is that the keyboard is weird. The Enter key is about one key further to the right than normal. They put the \ key to the left of the Enter rather than the right. And the left shift is small and one key further to the left.

I can't understand why they would do this, but maybe that's why it's a good buy. Still, I'll have to play with it some more. I have big hands but it's a stretch to hit the Enter key.

I suppose any usb keyboard would work. It's just so odd that that a keyboard would have three \ keys, two of which move standard keys out of their normal spot. I'll get used to it I guess.

Many laptops have non-standard keyboards. Toshibas and IBMs seem to keep things in the right place; HPs usually mess it all up. My pet peeve is the delete key; it belongs on the bottom right of a laptop keyboard IMHO. I can never find it quickly when they make it a tiny little thing next to the "F" keys...

Back