• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Welcome New & Returning Rosetta Team Members:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I originally wanted to start folding again but my boxes are showing their age. My newest one is a athlon xp1800 LOL and it wasn't doing so well let alone what the little laptops would do. I was going to do seti and actually crunched a few units for the oc team on that but the astropulse units scared me and I would rather crunch for a good cause. So here I am. Right now I have my main machine the athlon, a sony laptop with a p4 @ 2.8ghz, an old dell laptop w/ p3 @ 650mhz, and once I get back into work on monday I will have two more boxes with cellies @ 3.2. Hopefully it will help.

I originally wanted to start folding again but my boxes are showing their age. My newest one is a athlon xp1800 LOL and it wasn't doing so well let alone what the little laptops would do. I was going to do seti and actually crunched a few units for the oc team on that but the astropulse units scared me and I would rather crunch for a good cause. So here I am. Right now I have my main machine the athlon, a sony laptop with a p4 @ 2.8ghz, an old dell laptop w/ p3 @ 650mhz, and once I get back into work on monday I will have two more boxes with cellies @ 3.2. Hopefully it will help.

Very nice to have you with us NUTNDUN. Again, Welcome!

Any questions, let me know.

Just joined the team yesterday.. Mainly doing folding@home.. decided to run rosetta as well since there was a few extra cpu cycles not used.. I think I would probably get few credits for this but glad to help even if its just a little.. :beer:

Welcome. I'm glad you're here. This is an excellent team to be a part of, we are making waves in the Rosetta world, that's for sure.

Welcome jintatsu :welcome:

Glad to have you on the team. I got started the same way with Rosetta- by running it on boxes that had extra cores/cycles left over from FAH. And it's been great since! As an added bonus, you'll find BOINC a pleasant experience compared to FAH clients.

Hope you enjoy the RAH fold and stay a while! :beer:

Thanks for the welcome..

I will be folding with rosetta to since i have few extra cycles but experiencing hang while doing f@h and rosetta at the same time.. maybe it's because of my oc.. I have passed prime for 24 hrs on this settings.. I'll try to test with different settings and see if I still get this issue..

I basically replaced all the machines running the classic uniprocessor FAH client with BOINC. When trying other client mixes, I found VMs and BOINC don't play nice together, while the GPU2 client and BOINC get along well enough that I see no hit in PPD or RAC. Haven't tried WINSMP and BOINC.

Last edited:
Well i think it was my oc which was unstable. After a few hours it would hang.. Tried to up the voltage a notch and it seems to be stable for now.. Will try to see if this is the case..

:welcome: jintatsu , glad to have have join the Team

Thanks Jolly.. :beer: I have seen you this couple of weeks in my rear view mirror in f@h..

Everything seems stable now. It was my OC that was causing the problems. Upped the voltage and it was stable. 2VM's and GPU for F@h and extra cpu cycles goes to rosetta.. Keep folding guys.. :beer:

Back