• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Welcome to SSS #2!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lonewolf1983 said:
folding client?
how would that affect us??
if someones running seti@home and all of a sudden they stop outputting WU's i think they might notice ;)
i was referring to the comment about how since rage3d is dropping off right now people should switch to o/c seti team.

i just hope all the tweakers are really performance crazy and decide they don't want something else running in the background all the time.

i used to crunch for seti and had about 500 WU completed, but when i joined up here i decided to fold since we are actually in a competition with someone else.

is the seti team battling with anyone right now?

Maxvla said:

is the seti team battling with anyone right now?

Yeah if we do not increase our output we are going to lose a position to OCUK and we are also trying to catch and pass AMDMB

{PMS}fishy said:

Yeah if we do not increase our output we are going to lose a position to OCUK and we are also trying to catch and pass AMDMB

mmmm fishy nice avatar it's not you I presume is it?:cool:

I think OCUK will have to pass slashdot before us;) :beer:

Lorixnt2 said:

mmmm fishy nice avatar it's not you I presume is it?:cool:

I think OCUK will have to pass slashdot before us;) :beer:

You are correct but OCUK is less than 1 week from over taking us. That damn stomp monster that they have is not helping us either.

uh oh:eek:
maybe the moment to upgrade that old 733 is arrived.:rolleyes:
But here in Italy there is not yet even the shadow of a 0.13 AMD to get and I want one of those puppies to upgrade
dunno.gif

Lorixnt2 said:
uh oh:eek:
maybe the moment to upgrade that old 733 is arrived.:rolleyes:
But here in Italy there is not yet even the shadow of a 0.13 AMD to get and I want one of those puppies to upgrade
dunno.gif

Lorixnt2- I bought a Thoroughbred 2200+ and was pleased that it worked with two of my motherboards (A7M266 and 8KHA+) with a BIOS update. I average 7.5 wu's per day.

A pair of XP1500+'s is going for around US$125. and on a dual setup should produce 13 wu's a day.
We have a great vendor here newegg.com which has an extensive selection of refurbished boards. A TYAN Tiger MP is only US$97. including shipping:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...ry&catalog=22&manufactory=1424&Type=Refurbish

I'm glad to have the Thoroughbred for compatibility testing but for I would have been better using the money for another dual set-up or waiting for the Thoroughbred 1700+'s to show up.

Barton is another story. It looks like that could rewrite the game, as a Clawhammer disguised as a T-Bird. I don't think my XP 2200+ can beat the P-4 in the benchmark test:

http://www.ocsetiteam.com/other/bench.htm

but Barton should.

When AMD is in the MHz lead they make a lot of money for the stockholders and when they don't lead, the stock tanks. So I sure like to see them get Barton out the door.

Harvey

Back