• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well, wish me luck on my two 9500np and my 9700 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So, you brag how good your processor is, then say it can't take advantage of an X800pro?

Dude, seriously. Twisting words just to support what you speculate on is just ignorant.

sandman001 said:
So, you brag how good your processor is, then say it can't take advantage of an X800pro?

Dude, seriously. Twisting words just to support what you speculate on is just ignorant.

I hope that comment wasnt directed towards me...

sandman001 said:
No, at geforce.

You must have posted while I was typing, sorry.

Oh OK, I see what you were saying. I had not noticed that he said anything about the x800's (which I completely disagree with his statement).

If you just think about it, an x700 won't own 9800xt. When has a value card whooped the best cards of the previous generation? Never. People go around saying that a nvidia 6600gt will be way better than 5950's, but look at a ti4600 and an fx5600. They just don't compare. My ti4200 64mb whooped my dad's 9600 256mb before he sold it, and my cpu and mem were significantly slower! I mean, it takes a 5700 ultra to take the edge over a 4600. Also you say 110 nm and 500Mhz, but just look at intel's 90nm chips. Every time someone drools over a "value" card, it is always before it comes out and only specs on paper are discussed, but when it comes out, they don't do as well as some would have liked. Take the 9600xt for example. It didn't shatter any benchmarks.

Well, wish me luck on my two 9500np and my 9700 pro

Oh, and no, I won't wish you luck. You wouldn't need much luck if you bought a 9800 pro with xt core.

Quailane said:
Oh, and no, I won't wish you luck. You wouldn't need much luck if you bought a 9800 pro with xt core.

is this really required?

what is everyones problem with him wanting to oc a slower card?

not everyone can justify spending $200 on a video card when SIMILAR performance can be had for half the cost. just because he bought 3 cards to play around with doesn't mean he will keep them all. he said he would ebay the 2 poorest performers. so his net cost will be <$100. if he's happy with the card, WHO ARE YOU to give him grief??

hUMANbEATbOX said:
is this really required?

what is everyones problem with him wanting to oc a slower card?

not everyone can justify spending $200 on a video card when SIMILAR performance can be had for half the cost. just because he bought 3 cards to play around with doesn't mean he will keep them all. he said he would ebay the 2 poorest performers. so his net cost will be <$100. if he's happy with the card, WHO ARE YOU to give him grief??

C'mon now guys. no need for this.

I can see you guys have your doubts and you give me a hard time for selling my crappy 9800 pro, well I got news man! my 9500np is at 425/335 so far without vmods, stock cooling. my friend is sending me his sk7. I doubt ill even vmod a fine piece of art as this but if I do, oh my! I already owned my 9800 pro. Yes this little 9500np overclocks better! what did I tell you guys? you were saying I would not come close to the 9800 pro I had! 3dmark scores comming soon, gonna post a screenshot with a side by side comparsion how far ahead this 9500 is vs. my 9800 pro LOL. Nice upgrade by the way :D

2003 sucks cause its ignorant of your cpu but I still should get near or even 6k with that. This is better than a 9800 pro

The ram is rather low.......pretty decent overclocking though.

However, if this isn't softmodded yet clocks usually drop some when you do.
If it is, then congrats.

It all uses some degree of cpu power, just imagine a game without audio or AI. A faster cpu will give a few more marks, but at the moment having a faster video card helps speed up pixel shading, ect. more than a faster cpu.

OC550, I know you don't like 03, but at first I didn't either. Then when I gave it a shot, it was just as fun and as challenging as 01, as long as you're using DX9 cards. ;) You'll probably like benching in it too if you give it a chance.

This is not the same one, it came unmodded with stock heatsink/fan. the softmod worked fine, no artifacts that I can see. the ram appears clean at 330, 335 has some artifacts. The core however begins to stutter starting at 380, so I am leaving it at 360 for now. I can show you the guy I bought it from, its a clean card and frankly it owns the one I bought modded already with vga silencer.

anyway I am very happy with this and I think once I get the heat issues ironed out, it will crush the 9800 pro I had, even if not, its 95% as fast as one, id never see the difference in games. Man finally a card that makes me happy :D

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8091580

looks like a bad run in car low, meh :( well ill let my other 9500np come(if it doesnt softmod, its going strait out the door) and also I have a *real* 9700 pro on the way, again if that thing cant overclock like a champ, hoping for 380 to 400+ core and about 350 on the ram, ill just keep this 350/330 9500 for the time being till something better comes out, perhaps ill grab a 6600gt or x700xt if it offers enough bang for the buck. another thing and youll laugh when I say this, screw trying to get 22k or whatever 3dmarks, I am not gonna go thru a million 9700/9800s, its about time I enjoy my games, even at 350/330 its gonna be 90% the performance of a 9800 pro, id never notice the difference and I couldnt justify a 9800 pro for that either. 3dmark is a fun thing to try, but when it comes down to games, a 350/330 softmodded 9700 at 9700pro plus speeds is no wimp :D that is one thing everyone can agree on!

edit: yup, real bad run. got 295fps but it crashed in lobby low. darn cpus not too stable but I need all teh MHz for a shot at 21k ;) well im off to retry

Im not saying your overclocks are or are not possible or even wich card is better. All I wanted to ask was why a 9500 or a 9700 pro would beat a 9800 pro oced. Is the ram different? I feel stupid but I dont understand why you are better off with one of those cards verse just a different 9800 pro.

The other reason im asking is I have a 9700 pro with samsung ram that ive never oced. Since 9800 have come down I was gonna upgrade. I wont bother though if id be better of like what your doing.

overclock that thing man, hopefully youll hit 9800 pro speeds. 9700s overclock a much higher percentage than the 9800 counterparts!

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8091661

new score, good car low run. 21k is mine if the other 9500 I get ocs better or if the real 9700 pro I get isnt a dog. If all else fails, my friends sending me a fan for this 9500, maybe itll give me another 20MHz more without it stuttering

Back