• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital RE4 or Western Digital Black

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timmie3054

Registered
I do not know the difference between these 2 drives?

What does RE4 mean?.

I am planning on buying 2 500GB drives and putting them in Raid 0.
Which drive will give me better performance?.

The RE series is for RAID. They are a bit tougher in design and made for enterprise environments.

The Black should be fine, but I would read up on TLER. It can cause them to drop out of RAID arrays, simply put. For some, it never happens, but for others, it happens multiple times a day. It depends on the drive you get and the controller you have.

The RE series is for RAID. They are a bit tougher in design and made for enterprise environments.

The Black should be fine, but I would read up on TLER. It can cause them to drop out of RAID arrays, simply put. For some, it never happens, but for others, it happens multiple times a day. It depends on the drive you get and the controller you have.

What does Enterprise environment mean?
I will be using the drive for media and games.

This is the Hard Drive I want to get
http://canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_210_212&item_id=035358

I will be using the on board controller on my motherboard which is
http://canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_722&item_id=037033

I have no idea if it will work properly and I very much doubt anyone could tell you.

Back