• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What antivirus do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Microsoft Security Essentials. Used the rest and stuck with the best.

Well I will not say they are the best but just as good or better than the rest. I use SE as well. The other free stuff is a bit heavy and can get annoying.

Mcafee Corporate at maximum security settings. It's kind of resource intensive, however, I've been really happy with it on this computer.

.... on my personal comps.... no av..

They are pointless IMO, if you know where you are browsing and opening. Hell i have seen viruses get right past the most up to date av.

That said... on peoples comps i work on... Microsoft security essentials hands down.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I decided to try out mse. I did a quick scan and so far its seems to be very light weight and fast.

.... on my personal comps.... no av..

They are pointless IMO, if you know where you are browsing and opening. Hell i have seen viruses get right past the most up to date av.

That said... on peoples comps i work on... Microsoft security essentials hands down.

Exactly. and if someone feels they just have to buy something ill recommend mwb along side their mse

Microsoft Security Essentials. Install and forget. Definitions may not be the most up to date. But good enough for me.

On my general use machine I use AVG Free but on my high performance machine I do not use any. I have image backups if it crashes and I never do any browsing on it so the likelihood of anything being compromised on it is nil.
For my configuration, it tends to slow my high performance machine down about 10-15%. Upgrading to an SSD may assist with that, but meh.

Back