• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What antivirus do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nod32 is strongly advised by many Russians forum idk why. Even tho I prefer to use kaspersky for it's ability to block network attacks

Nod32 is strongly advised by many Russians forum idk why. Even tho I prefer to use kaspersky for it's ability to block network attacks
I'm a big NOD32 fan myself. :thup:
ESET (NOD32) makes a "Smart Security" suite that has network protection built into their package, along with the NOD32 AV.

Whenever these threads get started most people recommend a product because "they've been using it for a week... and it seems to work."

But really, the useful thing would be if you had personal experience of a product detecting an actual virus (not a false-positive) whereas another product could not.

So if something managed to get through your defenses, and then you switched to another product because your new product CAN detect a virus which your previous product could not - then that is useful advice on what to consider.

In no particular order, if the cut off is five programs, then these have shown up as having the best definitions over the past 10 years: Norton, Avira, Trend Micro, Kaspersky, McAfee.

Others may be seem OK to use but their definitions may not be as good as those top five.

Back