• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are some good radiators?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Al right after a bit if reaserch I have decided I will have a 120.4 internal rad that will always be on and a external car rad to use during times of extrem stress on the computer.
So now what I need is to know what manufacture makes the best internal radiator as a 120.4 in a sqaure configuration
I would like to know what pumps are recommended with both the single and double rad configs because it will be run with two mainly but also with one a bit so I could use two different pumps I think.
And is it safe to use a electronic valve to control if the external rad is running.

Would this work on my lga2011 chipset, it isn't listed in the supported list.

EK-Supreme HF - Full Copper - Rev 2

Again, it sorta depends. If the rad is low fpi, it might not make much difference. If you have the 230's already, I say try em, if they work, then you don't have to buy new ones, if not, well you were gonna buy new ones anyways :D

LOL, TFC doesn't even sell rads anymore. The XChanger was overpriced for the minimal performance gains, and the Admiral STILL hasn't made it to market because Feser tried to screw the manufacturers, so the manufacturers took it to market themselves and gave Feser NOTHING. At this point, with the way Feser likes to do business and the deceptive marketing they like to use, I would avoid them. That said, if you can get a used XChanger on the cheap, do it.

What is the name the new rad is selling under, Mort? I didn't know Feser had tried screwing the manufacturer over, but I'm not surprised from what I've heard about Feser in the past.

What is the name the new rad is selling under, Mort? I didn't know Feser had tried screwing the manufacturer over, but I'm not surprised from what I've heard about Feser in the past.

Thermalfins is the name...though I can't seem to find anywhere to buy one.

"Okay... How do you set it up so they bleed out?"

I use gravity to shake out the bubbles. I placed my fluid reservoir below everything else. Water is pulled into the cycle from the bottom portion of the reservoir. It reenters the reservoir at the top. And I have a second tube with a rubber stopper at the top. I use this second tube to bleed the system and to top off the fluid in the reservoir. I use a plastic squeeze bottle to add fluid. (Think of a plastic mustard or ketchup bottle.) That allows me to use a little pressure if it is needed to get the fluid into the reservoir.

I use one of those digital meat thermometers to measure the temps in my reservoir. I simply drilled a hole in the top of the reservoir and stuck the meat probe in so the tip is about an inch above the bottom of the reservoir. Then I sealed the hole with good aquarium sealer. My readout has a switch for C/F. It shuts itself off after about two minutes. There is a cord that threads to the outside of the box. My thermometer has a magnetic back for attaching to the top of the computer case. Is it accurate? Not sure. But it tracks consistently.

BO

Back