• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what can I do ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

charles4691

Registered
Hello everybody ! Have a question and hoping someone here can help me out . I have a 4770K oc to 4.5mhz on a Asus z87 pro with 16 gigs of G.Skill Sniper 2400mhz .Cooling is handled by a Cooler Master Glacer 240L , in a Corsair 600T.Have 2 OCZ Vertex 450 ssd's , 128 gigs in raid 0 . and a rosewill 750 watt power supply . and running windows 7 premium 64 bit . With a AMD R290 reference card .The computer runs good and handles the games good and all .But my question is ,what can I do to make it feel snappier ? It just feels slow to me now .Or am I just so use to it and there is nothing I can do to make it faster . Your ideas are most welcome .

It feels slow... how? For a start post pic's of CPU-Z open to the CPU, Memory, and SPD tabs. And do you have 2 x 8GB or 4 x 4GB (2 x 8GB kits) DIMMs installed?

Maybe you meant to make one thread, but you have a 2nd thread of the same name.. :shrug:

With that in mind, your Cas latency is high at 11....

Sorry ..meant just 1 thread .... So I can just go down 1 on the Cas latency ? make it 10 ..I am not very good with memory timings ..:(

Sorry ..meant just 1 thread .... So I can just go down 1 on the Cas latency ? make it 10 ..I am not very good with memory timings ..:(

Sure, try ten, see if it boots.

and set trfc manually in the BIOS to 44! :p
No wonder it feels slow, 313 is sloooooww

Then run memtest after

" and trfc is at 313 not 44 as listed in spd." so what do I do to correct any of this ?

" and trfc is at 313 not 44 as listed in spd." so what do I do to correct any of this ?

Should be an option for memory timings in your BIOS.

Find the one listed as trfc and set it to 44.
Just root around in the BIOS, it's there somewhere :p

Hey guys ! I tried setting the cas latency from 11 to 10 ..That was a no go .. So Put it back to 10 and changed the TRFC from 313 to 44 saved the settings and restarted,but it would just try to boot and restart ..on /off on/off changed it back to 313 and it started up just fine . What am I doing wrong ? :bang head

Hey guys ! I tried setting the cas latency from 11 to 10 ..That was a no go .. So Put it back to 10 and changed the TRFC from 313 to 44 saved the settings and restarted,but it would just try to boot and restart ..on /off on/off changed it back to 313 and it started up just fine . What am I doing wrong ? :bang head

The tRFC shouldn't be set to 44, around 220-240 for now The tRC which is what Silver meant to say should be at 44 but you can't set that with the 4770K, the option isn't available. That was just a bit of a mix up.

windows has been on here for less than a year . Virus scans all negative .But I did try Malwares anti-rootkit to see if it could find anything .It said I had 8 malware items all in the physical sector on drive 0 ( forged physical sector )
example of one :: physicalsector 500109856 on drive 0 (forged physical sector )
so I clicked clean and rebooted and scan again ..says there are still 8 there .so would I have to go to the OCZ toolbox and erase the drives and start over ?

Back